DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This didn't happen before ( Drone carrying case rubbing against 1 propeller )

Isaac94

Reactions
So I bought my drone 4 days ago, everything is all good, had my first flight etc, it was really fun, and it's really not a toy, not that I ever thought that, just putting that out. Since yesterday though, I notice something when I was keeping my drone back into the small drone bag that they provided when you buy the drone. I notice a sound, something like it's rubbing against ONE of the propeller when I close AND / OR open the bag to take out or put back the drone. Hence, I did some experiment and took out the drone that is on the most outer, took that 1 propeller out, close and open it again, no sound at all, no rubbing against propeller, but that puzzles me because for every single time, I had that propeller in place, did not take it out, yet there's no rubbing sound against with the cover, any ideas what could suddenly be the issue ? I did fold the drone legs and did everything right, put it in the right direction of keeping.

**PLEASE TURN ON MAX VOLUME

Below is the video and also the picture to highlight which propeller it is.

If you're worried about the props rubbing on the case, then remove them before packing it away.

Really do suggest removing them for storage. If not removed, it is possible they may be bent enough, in storage, to negate level and responsive flight! Another thing is always be sure to inspect them prior to and immediately after flight for any possible damage. You’d really be surprised about some of the airborne particulates.

Really do suggest removing them for storage. If not removed, it is possible they may be bent enough, in storage, to negate level and responsive flight! Another thing is always be sure to inspect them prior to and immediately after flight for any possible damage. You’d really be surprised about some of the airborne particulates.
Hmm, these problem just occurred suddenly, when I first got this Mavic Air, it did not have this problem, and all was fine, then I had some minor scratches on one of the propellers, then I took it out, replaced it with a new one, even then there is NO such sound or situation, so I went ahead to fly, 2 days past, and suddenly on the 2nd night, that's when I heard this sound, but it shouldn't be because I replaced it with the new propellers, I brought it to a DJI shop in my local place, he said it's normal and it won't cause any harm to that particular propellers, but I'm just curious why did this suddenly occur, even he does not have an explanation.

I store and transport all my drones with props off. Gotta inspect them before each flight and eliminates any torque forces on the motors from being amplified while in storage or transit.

If you're worried about the props rubbing on the case, then remove them before packing it away.
It's just one of the propeller ( which i highlighted ) that is rubbing against the casing cover when either I close or open it, it didn't happen before so I'm very curious and confused why did it happen now ? I brought it to DJI Store near me and they are puzzled as well but they assured me that it will not affect this particular propeller, so they suggest to just leave it. Other than removing this particular propeller, any other advice on what can I do or how does it even happen ?

If nothing has changed on any thing, (the case, the foam insert, the drone,) the only other culprit I could think of would be, has the case been subjected to being squashed perhaps?

If nothing has changed on any thing, (the case, the foam insert, the drone,) the only other culprit I could think of would be, has the case been subjected to being squashed perhaps?
Hmm, very very unlikely that the case has been squashed or pressed before, I've taken very good care of the case, and I'm hand-holding it all the time and I don't remember pressing the case too hard ( because the hard itself is hard ) and other times I just leave it on my bed, or keep it back in the box when I'm ending the day. I couldn't think of ways that could lead the case being squash or pressed. One thing for sure is definitely the sound is coming from that highlighted propeller, but that propeller is perfectly fine, it's the case cover that's the issue, as far as I believe.

are you sure you are not putting the drone in the case backwards? Mine fits perfectly. I'm sure it was molded around the drone in production. If you squashed the case you should be able to see it. Check the prop for nicks and cracks..You are not going to bend it in the case..mine makes a flick noise caused by the outside prop when I open the case. It certainly is no cause for concern. Removing the props after every flight is asking for trouble IMHO

are you sure you are not putting the drone in the case backwards? Mine fits perfectly. I'm sure it was molded around the drone in production. If you squashed the case you should be able to see it. Check the prop for nicks and cracks..You are not going to bend it in the case..mine makes a flick noise caused by the outside prop when I open the case. It certainly is no cause for concern. Removing the props after every flight is asking for trouble IMHO
I put the drone in the right direction, and just to be safe, I even showed it to the DJI staff and they said i did put it in the right direction. Nope, I checked very carefully 3 times the case is as new as when I bought it. No nicks and cracks on the props. Yes ! That's the sound, the flicking sound caused by when you close or open the case, it's caused by the outside prop, only one of the outside prop as shown highlighted in the picture above, and they told me it won't affect the prop in any way and it's not of any concern, so that's perfectly normal then ? Everyone will have that noise ?

*The DJI staff showed me a new drone with the casing out of the box, and it clearly has the same noise that I am having, so I guess it's meant to be like that ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123