DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This got me excited!! Mavic Pro listed #1!!

PhotographerTom

Reactions
I've been researching different drones. Trying to find something that would be a good drone to get started with. Matter of fact I just signed up here today as well. Actually I signed up here and I think a sister site for Phantom owners.

But anyway you have all been awesome and I thank you. I even set up Google news feeds about "Mavic Pro" and this article was sent to me by Google: Top 10 Last-Minute Gifts for Photographers

Mavic Pro named top #1 and the Spark made it too in #5. That was a pretty informative article as well!

Ahh... I feel so much better and excited, I just hope I can get it by Thanksgiving next week!! I have 4 days off. :)

So did any of you pick up flight simulator software to speed up learning how to fly your drone?

Any tips you can share?

Big thanks!!

Hi and welcome to the forum! I always recommend this video:
It is very informative without a lot of extra chatter. I would also recommend watching drone crash videos. They will show you what not to do. Start out in a wide-open space until you get the feel of things and then have fun!

Personally I think photographers would enjoy the improved camera of the p4p. I know my wife does vs the mavic I had.

So did any of you pick up flight simulator software to speed up learning how to fly your drone?

Don't bother. The Mavic is so easy to fly you'll be wasting your money. You can always fly with the built-in simulator in the DJI GO app if you want before trying it in the field. But even without doing that, you'll catch on in no time.

Biggest hint - read the manual !!!

Second - read through this forum a lot and watch tons of how-to videos on YouTube. DJI's video tutorials aren't bad either.

Seriously, download from DJI the full Mavic user manual and read it fully , twice and there is now a full online manual for the GO4 app as well

Reactions: dbcnc1955
If you've never droned before go to your local hobby shop and drop $60.00 on a Blade Inductrix RTF. It will teach you orientation and be a great indoor trainer, and it's almost indestructable......plus you can make a Tiny Whoop out of it and FPV like crazy.

Jake

I think the latest manual is v.1.8 dated September, just download it directly from DJI website. It's good to skim it once in a while even if you think you know everything, sometimes you read it again and see that you didn't know something important.

If you've never droned before go to your local hobby shop and drop $60.00 on a Blade Inductrix RTF. It will teach you orientation and be a great indoor trainer, and it's almost indestructable......plus you can make a Tiny Whoop out of it and FPV like crazy.

Jake
I agree. I think one of the biggest things that gets new pilots in trouble is not knowing how to fly the drone in a situation where compass/gps fails due to environment.

I started with a Phantom 3 Standard,mainly because of cost. I bought mine as a refurbished unit with normal guarantee. I loved it although I finally bought a a MAVIC Pro. I still fly the P3S but the MAVIC Pro is so great and the portability is my first choice. The cost of the MAVIC is almost three times the MAVIC. But I love them both!

Don't be tempted to fly indoors.

And if you are tempted to fly indoors... don't.
Hahaha. Flying indoors is fine but it's NOT for beginners. The default belief that indoors flying should be easier / safer is the opposite of truth. Start in a big open field. And watching videos is definitely the way to go after reading the manual.

Reactions: ssvdh66
HA ha ha, you talking from experience?

I often fly indoors - with a little Cheerson CX10D, not the Mavic. For under £15 the Cheerson is a great practice machine that doesn't break the bank - or the furniture - when you crash it. The 10D has altitude hold so it has similar handling to the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929