DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

**** this hobby gets expensive

gtione

Reactions
I bought my M2Z at the end of August and since then the setup costs have been mounting. I am hoping I am nearing the end now.

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Photoshop elements 2019 £70
Droneguard 250 backpack £95
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
Mavmount plus brackets £100
SD cards £60
3 party multi charger £35
Leg extensions £10
Public liability insurance £45
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?

Last edited:
WOW......after all that mate you should be at the end and , bob’s your uncle .
We tipped for $1345.00 US to get Mavic Pro in a fly more package including 4 batteries and 3 SD cards and a smash of other stuff I have not even used yet from Amazon last year.
Dropped another $30 US for a multi charger
and $25 US for Litchi, so less than $1400.00 about £ 1077
No need to throw a wobbly though looks like you are more than fit proper.
Best of luck
mikemoose55

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
It’s easy to go overboard buying everything under the sun. Most of it will never get used. I bought the MP 2 pro, 3 extra batteries, and an aftermarket parallel charger, and polarpro filters.

After 2 1/2 years of flying, and over 600 flights, I have absolutely no need for any other accessories other than a good backpack. The drone guard 250 is the best I’ve ever owned.

Blimey if I’d bought all that in one go, “divorce come to mind” she would have kicked me outo_Oo_O

A lot of the stuff you’ve bought is ok but you would normally get it over time.

What happens in a month or so you realise you don’t like the hobby...o_Oo_Oo_O

Pushing that to one side, good luck to ya;)

Reactions: old man mavic
Yes, its expensive, but it worth it no?
BTW,i think you dont really need all you bought! ...and I hope you didn't bought all this stuff un one time!!
I own a mavic 1 that I bought first(1300$) Then, I saw that my smartphone was not enought powerfull, si I bought a new one (80$)... But after a while, it began to freeze and overheat, so I gave it to my darling and bought an iPad (300$)...then the iPad began to overheats and lag with DJIGO, si I bought litchi (30$)... Then I told myself that I need another battery (at least), so I ordered 2 (200$) and then a few stuff like filters and a sun visor for the gimbal props gards...(about 100$)
I dont need more, everything I needed is here, and I think that if I have to fit some other stuff on my mavic , I will never fly it, just spend my time only preparing the drone...
And think about the day you'll go for another drone...you'll need to buy all this stuff again because it'll not fit the new drone !?

Reactions: terence2
I've only bought two extra batteries really, but already had a couple of suitable bags - and a decent computer as I work with video from other cameras almost daily.
The problem is a lot of the somewhat tempting add-ons will get little or no use and need to be bought again when a slightly different model comes out in a year or two.
Keep it simple, with the mavic range a key feature is portability and quick set up.

Reactions: ff22
Christ - what did you buy for £2k’s worth of ‘partial’ PC upgrade?!

You could buy a pretty serious workstation for that!

Reactions: Drgnfli
Christ - what did you buy for £2k’s worth of ‘partial’ PC upgrade?!

You could buy a pretty serious workstation for that!

Asus X399 ROG zenith Motherboard
AMD 2950X Threadripper 16 core 32 Thread CPU
32gb Corsair RGB 3200MHZ RAm
1tb Samsung m.2 Nvme SSD
Corsair 115i Platimum AIO Cooler

Asus X399 ROG zenith Motherboard
AMD 2950X Threadripper 16 core 32 Thread CPU
32gb Corsair RGB 3200MHZ RAm
1tb Samsung m.2 Nvme SSD
Corsair 115i Platimum AIO Cooler

Very nice. Particularly the Threadripper /SSD combo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case