DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is Asturias (Spain) in summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eutx9795

Reactions
More than a thousand years ago, in the middle of high limestone peaks, green mountains, lush forests, plentiful rivers, lakes, fountains, waterfalls, fruit trees, brañas, immense meadows...there arose a kingdom that had thirteen kings, the first Pelayo, of which the Royal Site of Covadonga, in Cangas de Onís, has a special memory. The last Alfonso III, nicknamed El Magno, and in between, and for almost two hundred years, much history - including battles - which would be decisive in the social and geographical evolution of the Iberian Peninsula and in what is now Spain. Asturias was the first Christian kingdom of this European Peninsula, and of that ancient Kingdom there remain many vestiges - among the most outstanding the Asturian Art or Pre-Romanesque Art, declared World Heritage by UNESCO -, and also many memories of the nobility and the lineage that runs through the bowels of this land, which since the fourteenth century is also the Principality most closely linked to the Spanish Monarchy, from those remote times to the present day.

From the fourteenth to the twentieth century many stories lived: a rural Asturias, beautiful and strong, which endures today, almost a score of fishing villages and many historic towns and villages, more than 200 beaches and a very preserved coast, abundant industrial heritage, the fruit of technological and industrial prosperity, 6 Biosphere Reserves, 5 Caves World Heritage, a rich cuisine ..., and much more. A true Natural Paradise!

The Asturian coast is one of the best preserved in Spain. So much so that this purity makes the cliffs, the green coastline and the beaches the perfect refuge for those who like nature intact. In addition, its fishing villages -almost twenty in the three hundred and forty-five kilometres of coast-, have grown up adopting impossible forms on slopes that serve as shelter for the ports, and still remember the times when they were whaling docks, landing points for kings or shelter from storms.

- Luarca

According to a very popular and deep-rooted saying, Luarca is the white village on the green coast, and the first thing that will catch your attention is the predominant white colour when you take a general look at this illustrious village. It is undoubtedly the whitest of the entire Asturian coast.

Its Indian houses offer you a tour of the residences of those Asturians who emigrated to the Indies and returned fortunately. As you walk along the watchtower you will see where the natives gathered to light the fires and guide the ships before building the lighthouse at the tip of Focicón in 1862.

You can also admire its cemetery, on a hill, which is considered one of the most beautiful in Spain for its spectacular views of the sea and where the remains of the Nobel Prize for Medicine Severo Ochoa, father of modern genomics, rest. Nearby is the Mesa de Mareantes, in which the ancient sailors debated the convenience of going out to sea in the face of inclement weather.

Famous for its bridges and also for the legend of some of them, such as the Puente del Beso - which has two lovers as its protagonists.

That's the White Village. Surcada by the Negro river, with beautiful beaches, and with an important fishing and sports port, it is above all, a fishing village with a solera where there are them and one of the most animated of all the Asturian coast.

Cudillero

Cudillero is so different from any other seaside village that your imagination ronde, which even has its own personal language: the pixueto.

Also unique is the physical configuration of Cudillero, hidden from the sea and from the land, and unhung in humble houses of a thousand colors, which give shape to his well-known and photographed amphitheater.

Cudillero oozes sea and fishing on all four sides, and still preserves traditions as singular as that of the curadillo, a unique delicacy, invented by the sailors pixuetos in times past, when they let small sharks dehydrate for months at the door of their houses. It was the refrigerating formula of that time and it was an advance for survival, as well as a sign of identity of the fishermen's houses.

It has spectacular views from the lighthouse or the watchtower. It also impresses with its entrance through El Pito, with the succession of Indian houses in the area, as well as the Selgas Palace, a splendid 19th century complex known as the "Asturian Versailles".

Fishermen's quarters, wind and sea, good views, seafood cuisine, year-round atmosphere and literary and artistic inspiration.

Don't miss the opportunity to visit the port that dazzled Hollywood with the Oscar-winning film 'Volver a empezar', and also take the opportunity to visit the lighthouse and the chapel of the Humilladero, its charming Gothic jewel. You will be able to appreciate the contrasts between the upper part of the village, more dedicated to agriculture, and the lower part, centred on fishing and tourism.

Last edited:
Beautiful location! Excellent video shots.
Yes, Asturias region and most of the Spain is very beautiful. Perhaps I think in this way due to the fact that it's my own country [emoji848][emoji848]

Thank you very much for your comment!!

Nice Vid...

Reactions: eutx9795
That was a beautiful video of a beautiful place. Very well done!

Reactions: eutx9795
Amazing videos. Picture quality is superb.

Unfortunately, I see in your video that you flew north of Vivigo which happens to be CTR Asturias. It is in fact the approximation to the runway of OVD airport, you might have caused severe disruptions to the air traffic had you been noticed.

Use you're better judgement as to whether that piece of footage is worth publishing and fly safe, always check DRONES ENAIRE and better safe than sorry.

2019-09-02 15_49_37-ENAIRE Drones.png

That was a beautiful video of a beautiful place. Very well done!

Thank you very much for so nice comment!!

Police make a visit

A recent example of the risk of posting video in a public forum

That is exactly what I meant "think twice about publicly posting a video invading a CTR".
Fines in Spain can be as high as 225000€ for cases like this where the traffic of the nearby airport was put at risk if AESA (the Spanish Air Security Agency) finds out.

That is exactly what I meant "think twice about publicly posting a video invading a CTR".
Fines in Spain can be as high as 225000€ for cases like this where the traffic of the nearby airport was put at risk if AESA (the Spanish Air Security Agency) finds out.

I don't know what happened, I always check fly zones on Enaire App. Probably I have mislabeled as Cabo Vidio a different place. I have to check this

I have deleted the video. Thanks for your advise!!

Reactions: MrYKBQdV
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11