DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is how it was Shipped back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverdragon

Reactions
First off this post is not to bash any business or anyone. It’s just to make you as a consumer and a business unit as a whole aware.

When the FedEx guy handed me the box I heard the Plastics and cardboard sounds coming from the box.

I freaked out, I felt flushed like someone just told me my best little friend died.

Good news, the drone seemed to work fine meaning, it hovered, took video and photos and worked out of the box. I tested most of the functions and all seems well.

This Post is to make everyone is aware and to make sure that they pack your property properly for shipment. There can be many reasons why it was shipped out like this. Maybe, the packer is new and didn’t know better or…..whatever.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 310
Reactions: Gagey52
Just to be clear, was there NO PACKING MATERIAL between the drone and the controller nor in the box?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
That is pure and simply a disgrace on the part of the shipper.
Shipped back from where ? DJI ?
Yeah something failed badly in their shipping process, or they had used all their bubble wrap stock, which doesn't bode well for the repair centre concerned, or DJI reliability, or both.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Not even returning a damaged drone non-reparable I will do that.

This post is missing much information, Who, What, where, and when. I don't think we can just say this came from DJI ( from what I read) looks like a eBay second hand

First off this post is not to bash any business or anyone. It’s just to make you as a consumer and a business unit as a whole aware.

When the FedEx guy handed me the box I heard the Plastics and cardboard sounds coming from the box.

I freaked out, I felt flushed like someone just told me my best little friend died.

Good news, the drone seemed to work fine meaning, it hovered, took video and photos and worked out of the box. I tested most of the functions and all seems well.

This Post is to make everyone is aware and to make sure that they pack your property properly for shipment. There can be many reasons why it was shipped out like this. Maybe, the packer is new and didn’t know better or…..whatever.
Not sure what your issue is. Does your drone not work or what 🤷‍♂️

Ok, I sent it in to DJI Drone Service for them to evaluate a possible problem. They said there was no problem so they sent it back without any padding or protection. Just like you see in the photo is how I received it. Drone works. I’m lucky for that.

This post still appears to be missing information. You said “Ok, I sent it in to DJI Drone Service for them to evaluate a possible problem.” Did you return the drone to DJI (the manufacturer), or to some drone service that repairs DJI drones, such as below?

DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop

https://djidroneservice.com

Our technicians here at djidroneservice.com are DJI certified, meaning that they know everything there is to know regarding DJI drone repair.”

Reactions: dirkclod
DDS DJI is not a DJI representative. And apparently they also have a crappy shipping department. Based on this pic alone, I'd never use them.

If the drone works like the one guy said count your blessings no matter what or who thinks anything God is always in control especially if you’re a good person it could’ve came back in pieces and not worked you said it works fine I would be upset to it does seem fishy because that’s not like Dji to pack a purchase or a repair like that and one thing I’ve always heard is when you send your drone in to get it fixed sometimes they will send you a refurbished drone that’s not the same Drone just one that works but if it works fine once again just feel that you got lucky sometimes mistakes happen in the world like you said could’ve been a new guy or someone had a bad day at the packing businessOr if you sent to Drone in and there was nothing wrong with it they’re trying to teach you a lesson saying why did this guy sent his drone and there’s nothing wrong with it let’s send it back to him with no bubble wrap who knows I would just let it go and be happy you got it back but it looks like you’re saying you sent it back good luck and God bless you

Wow that's terrible packaging...

As far as this ticket Drone was sent in due an additional beeping sound coinciding with the obstacle avoidance sound. As per policy a free fedex label was sent for a FREE inspection

We inspected all functions of the drone and it was fine. The new "beeping sound" comes w a new firmware update.

Sent back drone and i am glad there was no damage....

If anything does turn up please let us know and we will address accordingly

We did hired a few temp warehouse employees (very hard to find btw) to handle the influx of orders over the black friday weekend and into holiday season. Will address internally, this def is not the way to ship a $1000 drone...

Our sincere apologies but will ensure this wont happen again

Last edited:
Absolutely terrible packaging, however, I have good experience with @DDS service and that is not the normal way they handle shipping even when is free. Bad apples are everywhere, especially with this employee crisis. Is a learning curve for everybody.

I glad the drone is ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod and DDS
Returning anything in that state regardless if it was (FREE) is no excuse, however:

My first question to the OP is: Did you first try and contact DDS with this issue and not get a response from them?
If you contacted DDS first and did not receive a response, then I can understand your frustration, but did you first give them a chance to make it whole.
If you did that and did not receive an answer then you are right to come here, and obviously your post did get some reaction from DDS evident by their response above, unfortunately, it took posting here to get an answer.

If not, then you should have given DDS the first opportunity to make things right

EDIT: I guess what I am trying to say is, did it take you posting here to get some kind of explanation? And if so, that does not look good on the Business

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
Wow! That's not the "worse" packaging. There is NO packaging at all. I would examine it thoroughly and report anything that is not right.

I sent my magic pro platinum in. I packed it in bubble wrapp and very secure- when I rec dived it back from DJI it was packed with one big bubble that did not fill the box and it just bounce3d around inside the box during its return shipment from the repair Facilaty to my house— I sent them a letter off complaint andd they replied sorry they will try and do better!! They don’t give a (Mod Removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my magic pro platinum in. I packed it in bubble wrapp and very secure- when I rec dived it back from DJI it was packed with one big bubble that did not fill the box and it just bounce3d around inside the box during its return shipment from the repair Facilaty to my house— I sent them a letter off complaint andd they replied sorry they will try and do better!! They don’t give a ( Mod Removed)
ticket number?

I guess count your blessings then, because you got some blessings from somewhere receiving that equipment intact !
I would not even drive across town with my drone in a box like that. Heck, I don't even know if I'd walk across the house with it just setting loose in a box like that.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
If the drone works like the one guy said count your blessings no matter what or who thinks anything God is always in control especially if you’re a good person it could’ve came back in pieces and not worked you said it works fine I would be upset to it does seem fishy because that’s not like Dji to pack a purchase or a repair like that and one thing I’ve always heard is when you send your drone in to get it fixed sometimes they will send you a refurbished drone that’s not the same Drone just one that works but if it works fine once again just feel that you got lucky sometimes mistakes happen in the world like you said could’ve been a new guy or someone had a bad day at the packing businessOr if you sent to Drone in and there was nothing wrong with it they’re trying to teach you a lesson saying why did this guy sent his drone and there’s nothing wrong with it let’s send it back to him with no bubble wrap who knows I would just let it go and be happy you got it back but it looks like you’re saying you sent it back good luck and God bless you
Thank you for your comment but what was it? Please consider the other contributors who may care to read your "comment". No-one wants to sit through a one-sentence, no punctuation stream of random thought bubbles! Finally and with respect, what has "God" got to do with any of this? This as you know, is a valued forum set up to discuss amazing DJI drones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS