DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is just plain dumb, IMHO

430Ferrari

Reactions
And the worst... OUR drones will be getting the flack, and he can continue flying because of his custom-built rig... :mad:
To bad the drone didn't get caught in the wires you see at 1:23, cause there's no way the pilot saw them in time...

Is this not the racing drone video where he flys under the train and even into one of the cars . If it is it’s posted way back in here and the DRF. I will try and find it.

OK here it is and is almost 2 years old .

Last edited:
Other than possibly trespassing on the train (at one point didn't he initially land on/in it?... I didn't watch it again) why such a strong response against him?

That guy has some AWESOME flying skills and is having a lot of harmless fun. I will admit the part about flying up along side where the conductor was would be kind of creepy but none the less no laws were broken. I wish I had his flying skills and hand-eye-coordination.

I have spent a lifetime working in the rail industry, and this idiot should be locked up and the key thrown away.

He very easily could have caused the train crew to be startled and made an emergency brake application which could derail the train and cause millions of dollars damage and endanger lives.

I have spent a lifetime working in the rail industry, and this idiot should be locked up and the key thrown away.

He very easily could have caused the train crew to be startled and made an emergency brake application which could derail the train and cause millions of dollars damage and endanger lives.
Startled? I would hope someone that has spent a lifetime in the rail industry would be better at their job than to make an emergency brake application and derail a train because they were startled. I get that he shouldn't have been screwing around with the train though he is obviously an expert at FPV flying. He didn't put anyone or anything in danger except his own equipment. Everyone just seems like they look for ways to be offended these days. I don't want to defend or advocate what he did because those guys were minding their own business and just doing their jobs and should be left alone to preform them but i am impressed at the level of skill the pilot has.

Other than possibly trespassing on the train (at one point didn't he initially land on/in it?... I didn't watch it again) why such a strong response against him?

That guy has some AWESOME flying skills and is having a lot of harmless fun. I will admit the part about flying up along side where the conductor was would be kind of creepy but none the less no laws were broken. I wish I had his flying skills and hand-eye-coordination.

In the Netherlands (I know, this wasn't in the Netherlands), it is illegal to fly directly over roads, railways, industries and harbors... I don't know what the actual risks would be in a situation like this, and I do think it is quite a spectacular video, but I also think that common sense dictates that this exact situation is why there are drone laws... there will always be people try to do stupid things, and this is one of them.

In the Netherlands (I know, this wasn't in the Netherlands), it is illegal to fly directly over roads, railways, industries and harbors... I don't know what the actual risks would be in a situation like this, and I do think it is quite a spectacular video, but I also think that common sense dictates that this exact situation is why there are drone laws... there will always be people try to do stupid things, and this is one of them.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I respect your point of view I just happen to not share it :)

A few copycats, a conductor or signalman gets hit in the face by a drone, and the FAA will shut it down. There’s a reason why silent applause and public disapproval may be better instead of making these so popular.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Good thing there's no accidents involving automobiles, or the DMV would have banned us all from commuting to work every day. Wait a minute...

Oh yeah, that's not how it works. You can stop overreacting now.

What was this thread about anyway? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
And the worst... OUR drones will be getting the flack, and he can continue flying because of his custom-built rig... :mad:
To bad the drone didn't get caught in the wires you see at 1:23, cause there's no way the pilot saw them in time...

Booooooooo! Don’t be jelly!

Wishing a fellow pilot crashed has to be bad for karma. This guy has skills we could only dream of having. I probably wouldn’t have antagonized the conductor but maybe he was expecting a wave and when he didn’t get it realized it wasn’t a good idea and bugged out.

That was awesome!

Reactions: BigAl07
One of those cars has an America flag on it so chances are this is somewhere in the US but at least safe to say it’s North America probably.73012

He is breaking the law and acting like an idiot [Content removed by Admin, take it to PM if you wish]

Last edited by a moderator:
What law is he breaking?
No seriously, cite me a paragraph because so far nobody has been able to. I'm only asking because I'm not an expert in US law and would like to educate myself.

Also, please don't call for censoring things you don't like.

Reactions: BigAl07

I must say that is very impressive! Super flying skills for sure.

LOL! You realize this makes you sound just like a manned aircraft pilot right? Dont want drones in your area because it can cause major damage , death and destruction......
Motorcyclists, boat drivers, tricycle riders all would probably have this same opinion when a drone enters their space.
I actually laugh out loud when I imagine a tiny drone taking out a fully loaded, speeding train!! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143