DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This thing is awesome.

Carlos de Castro

Reactions
I took my Mavic out for the first time today, and was extremely impressed. Battery life, and signal was way better than my P3 Pro, and the thing flies so smooth. The best part was to be up and flying within 2 minutes. Nobody even noticed I was flying in the park. With my P3 pro, I constantly had people approaching me.

Anyways, Here's a video of my 2nd flight, starting off in tripod ode. I was flying quite conservatively, and not quite used to the controller yet. So my flying isn't all that great on this one. Settings are all stock. No adjustments or color grading.

Last edited:
Sweet! I flew mine yesterday for the first time. I understand how you feel. It's an awesome machine!
controls are a little more touchy. I didn't go too far. Wanted to see how the signal was. It is definitely better than Lightbridge. I didn't even come close to losing signal, and I had trees blocking me on all sides. I was going to keep my p3 Standard as a backup, but am just gonna sell it. No point of lugging around that big thing.

My Home town's harbor... looks nice! Saw my boat haha! Can't wait to get mine... lucky guy over there!! Any chance you have a 4k version you'd send over via google drive?

My Home town's harbor... looks nice! Saw my boat haha! Can't wait to get mine... lucky guy over there!! Any chance you have a 4k version you'd send over via google drive?
I had it in 4k, then Youtube switched to 1080 when, I added the music. I'll put the one with no sound on youtube, or I can send the original file. I intend to go back tomorrow and film there again.

sweet.. thanks! If you're looking for a mission... it'd be cool if you could get some video of the docks next to boccuzzi park! :)

sweet.. thanks! If you're looking for a mission... it'd be cool if you could get some video of the docks next to boccuzzi park! :)
You know, I haven't even been to that park. It's after crabshell right?I'll check it out. Greenwich is a great place to film as well, but the people there are such wussies when it comes to drones. There's a pond in my neighborhood that is great as well, because I can fly over Darien.

controls are a little more touchy. I didn't go too far. Wanted to see how the signal was. It is definitely better than Lightbridge. I didn't even come close to losing signal, and I had trees blocking me on all sides. I was going to keep my p3 Standard as a backup, but am just gonna sell it. No point of lugging around that big thing.
I did get some warnings about strong signal interference so I need to take it to another flight sight to try to see if it happens again.

sometimes i could see the gimal showing a bit of instability (i watched the first 3 minutes of your video)

surprising given this is tripod mode

it seems to me that your MAVIC showed more shakyness in this tripod mode than when i fly my MAVIC is normal mode...

sometimes i could see the gimal showing a bit of instability (i watched the first 3 minutes of your video)

surprising given this is tripod mode

it seems to me that your MAVIC showed more shakyness in this tripod mode than when i fly my MAVIC is normal mode...
Shakiness, was probably me not used to the controls. It was windy too

When in tripod mode, does it turn slow as well?

Very impressive range - very smooth -

But in your video - is there anything though that can be done about the focus at the lower third of the image - is that a touch to focus thing?

Eg. at 6:15 - almost half the screen - whole bottom- is very out of focus.

Ive an order in to upgrade from P3S - but worried about focus issues in videos I'm seeing on the mavick

Very impressive range - very smooth -

But in your video - is there anything though that can be done about the focus at the lower third of the image - is that a touch to focus thing?

Eg. at 6:15 - almost half the screen - whole bottom- is very out of focus.

Ive an order in to upgrade from P3S - but worried about focus issues in videos I'm seeing on the mavick
This was only my second flight, so I'm not sure if it's my settings, you tube or failure to hit the focus button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark