DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THOSE AUSTRALIAN GUYS (HUMAN FISHING BY DRONE) LOVE IT!

• Love
Reactions: Van Shteffy
Waiting on CASA to give these guys a talking to and possible BIG Fine!!

I do believe these guys are australian. At least the flag is anyway.

Lol, the VB is a dead giveaway, as too the cocky lads in the video.
Love it, they managed something remarkable.

30m rule got a bit of a bashing though.

Brave passenger, pilot did a good job, but his outfit ?

Reactions: razoraerial

Possibly flying within 30m of people (right above technically).
Operating a drone over x(?)kg without a commercial RePL /ReOC ?? (They MAY have these, as they have the background / skills to build such a thing !!)
@MAvic_South_Oz The fish he caught...check it out again, it was already gutted :D

I feel conned, ha ha.
I suppose it's just a demo of the possibilities.
Maybe they were struggling to hook something before battery ran out !!

Reactions: razoraerial
I like these clever Aussies . . . well done! They did it because they could. Not because this serves any practical usefulness. Isn't that what got us Americans to the moon? We did because we could? . . . and to beat the Russians. ?

Very cool! Looks amazing haha, I would be nervous as hell if I was the one being lifted up though, that drone is huge! If something went wrong and it went down on-top of you those blades would be deadly!

Saw this morning that CASA is investigating this. Will be interesting to see the outcome of the investigation.

The 30m rule doesn't apply, they were part-taking in the flight and not a bystander. 30m applies to anyone who is not apart of the operation, eg surfer out the back of the waves at a beach, someone running laps on an empty sports field, etc.
They could be questioned for being overweight 25+kg and being unlicensed/RePL or ReOC not technically covering "manned flight".
If I was CASA thats the angle I'd take if they wanted to make an example of the guys with the ongoing hyper sensationalism of drones in media.

Reactions: DinoGarret
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143