DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those of you with SC, have you ever used regular RC in last 6 months?

OurAngryBadger

Reactions
Just wondering if I should keep my stock controller or sell it for cash to put toward other accessories like filters. Any real reason (besides battery dying in SC) to keep the stock RC?

I know stock RC allgedly gets better range but ill never fly more than a mile away anyway.

Reactions: ff22
personally i would hang on to it, its sods law that the moment you sell it,something will go wrong with the SC just make sure if you do decide to keep it that you check the battery every couple of months and keep around 50% charge in it

Just wondering if I should keep my stock controller or sell it for cash to put toward other accessories like filters. Any real reason (besides battery dying in SC) to keep the stock RC?

I know stock RC allgedly gets better range but ill never fly more than a mile away anyway.
You can link the two for dual controller

For some reason you need to use iOS for an app that isn’t supported on android I bought one just for that reason my employer requires me to run an app that is not supported on the SC

Not a bad idea to have a back up controller you never know

Always have a backup as has been eluded to in case of issues with the smart controller also it is good to dig it out and use it to keep yourself familiar and that it is working ok and up to date

Good to have a backup but also if u ever want use Autopilot (in my opinion the best control App) it unfortunately doesn’t work with Android.

I'll weigh in on the side of "what original controller!" It sits in the closet and has not seen the light of day since the SC. But I will check it out and maybe give it a charge as suggested above.

Keep it if you think you will ever need third party unsupported apps ....

Last edited:
I'm on team sell! In fact I have two that I'll be posting on the classified shortly. How much do they typically fetch? $150?

I like using the std rc with an iPad on it with maps showing in duel controller setup, plus it will still show telemetry if the SC went down for whatever reason, not for short play around flights but flights with a bit further distance,

Reactions: jzilla80
im suggesting that the OP sell the extra remotes as the smart control leaves little to be desired.
Didn't understand the "In fact I have two that I'll be posting on the classified shortly" part.

But anyway, I bought the SC because of the better battery life. Having an android phone, the normal controller discharges very quick, so I can hardly use my 4 batteries. Plus the convenience of not plug in everything together is also nice to have.
I never experienced any problems with connections or updates (apart from my pc not seeing the device, but that's on the assistant software side).
Of course, the screen is not as big as a tablet, but I see enough for what I'm doing, and its bright. It feels good in the hands and I can still connect a bigger screen if I want to.
It's a keeper ?

Reactions: JSmith731 and ff22
...I can still connect a bigger screen if I want to....

I have a 24” monitor on a tripod with a sunshade. I connect with a 25’ HDMI cable from my SC. This setup is used when the client is onsite and wants to view in real time, and direct me to specific things they want to see or specific angles they want to image. I market this as “You’re the Director, if you want” angle. It’s great for people who have a specific goal in mind, and for the Foreman, Project Engineer, etc who want the drone to provide views of the project they can’t get on the ground and don’t want to “hope” I get everything they want.

Reactions: jzilla80 and ff22
Didn't understand the "In fact I have two that I'll be posting on the classified shortly" part.

But anyway, I bought the SC because of the better battery life. Having an android phone, the normal controller discharges very quick, so I can hardly use my 4 batteries. Plus the convenience of not plug in everything together is also nice to have.
I never experienced any problems with connections or updates (apart from my pc not seeing the device, but that's on the assistant software side).
Of course, the screen is not as big as a tablet, but I see enough for what I'm doing, and its bright. It feels good in the hands and I can still connect a bigger screen if I want to.
It's a keeper ?

yes, I have two regular remotes that I never use and will be selling. Just wish I could use the Smart Controller on the Inspire 2. It is that good.

yes, I have two regular remotes that I never use and will be selling. Just wish I could use the Smart Controller on the Inspire 2. It is that good.

I heard the SC has problems with video feed being laggy or choppy because the processor power is only equivalent in it to like a 6 year old smart phone. Have you ever experienced any issues?

Is it really bright? I have a note10plus right now im using so the SC screen will be a bit smaller, but the main reason im getting it is because i have such a trouble seeing the screen in the sunlight, even at max brightness. The note10plus is rated at 686 nits and the smart controller 1000 nits but i dont know how to visualize an extra 314 nits

I heard the SC has problems with video feed being laggy or choppy because the processor power is only equivalent in it to like a 6 year old smart phone. Have you ever experienced any issues?

Is it really bright? I have a note10plus right now im using so the SC screen will be a bit smaller, but the main reason im getting it is because i have such a trouble seeing the screen in the sunlight, even at max brightness. The note10plus is rated at 686 nits and the smart controller 1000 nits but i dont know how to visualize an extra 314 nits

... And I don't know how to explain 314 nits! It's bright enough

It lags if you start screen recording, that's true. But I still don't know why you would need to do that...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair