DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts? Likes, dislikes?

gboisseau

Reactions
Looking for critiques, likes, dislikes, etc. Thanks in advance!
(Shot with a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. Edited with a combination of Movavi, Lightworks and Luminar 4.

Nice job, I dont think it will ever be what it once was, , thinking Diary Queen with a nice game room on top , and a quick ice cream cone booth. lol lol :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

I refurbish old buildings like this all the time into restaurants and coffee shops,
this one looks perfect for just that.......let me at it. ?
Great video thanks for sharing.

I'll second that! The speed was fine for me. I think that you are kidding, of course. No-one in their right mind would even consider restoring that motel of long times past! Probably it will be flattened to make way for something new. Nice flying, appropriate music, nice interiors and reveals of the buildings.

I'll second that! The speed was fine for me. I think that you are kidding, of course. No-one in their right mind would even consider restoring that motel of long times past! Probably it will be flattened to make way for something new. Nice flying, appropriate music, nice interiors and reveals of the buildings.
Quite the contrary Dale in fact....these types of old buildings are great and very
cost effective to refurb if the main structure is sound. Things built years ago
tended to be built properly and only really need a fit out to the interior.
Why pull down a perfectly sound building to only put back up something
built to a much cheaper budget. It might not work as a motel now because
of location but there's plenty of businesses it could be........we do it all the time.

Quite the contrary Dale in fact....these types of old buildings are great and very
cost effective to refurb if the main structure is sound. Things built years ago
tended to be built properly and only really need a fit out to the interior.
Why pull down a perfectly sound building to only put back up something
built to a much cheaper budget. It might not work as a motel now because
of location but there's plenty of businesses it could be........we do it all the time.
Yes- it is definitely rehabitable, but in the first line of the video scroll it says "before Interstate 55..." Which means, there is no longer any more tourist travel in this area. Every traveler is taking the Interstate highway!

Why would anyone invest $$$ with the prognosis of a poor business risk. That was my point.

Yes- it is definitely rehabitable, but in the first line of the video scroll it says "before Interstate 55..." Which means, there is no longer any more tourist travel in this area. Every traveler is taking the Interstate highway!

Why would anyone invest $$$ with the prognosis of a poor business risk. That was my point.
As i said might not work as a motel anymore because of location, doesn't mean it
has to be flattened as you mentioned, old structures can be repurposed as it's
more cost effective.

As i said might not work as a motel anymore because of location, doesn't mean it
has to be flattened as you mentioned, old structures can be repurposed as it's
more cost effective.
Gary R.

You and I are living in a different world. Here in Miami, a parcel of land is often a precious commodity and for a higher and better use, most of these abandoned buildings are bulldozed and a big , higher structure is erected!! They can now put up a very tall building on a one or two acre site!!! It is disgusting. The developers here are working hand in hand with the corrupt city commissioners for zoning variances and voila, there is a huge, massive bulging going up on that tiny lot.

Here is a photo of what is going on here! We are all very angry. Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 5.43.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-24 at 5.43.38 PM.png

Dale

Gary R.

You and I are living in a different world. Here in Miami, a parcel of land is often a precious commodity and for a higher and better use, most of these abandoned buildings are bulldozed and a big , higher structure is erected!! They can now put up a very tall building on a one or two acre site!!! It is disgusting. The developers here are working hand in hand with the corrupt city commissioners for zoning variances and voila, there is a huge, massive bulging going up on that tiny lot.

Here is a photo of what is going on here! We are all very angry. View attachment 126227View attachment 126227

Dale
I get your point Dale.....thats very sad what's going on in your area and i can see why you would all be angry. Lots of those older buildings here in the UK are protected and have preservation orders on them stopping any type of demolition,
leaving refurbishment the only option. Lets hope things work out in your area.
Like you said two different worlds.

Just as a follow up, we are soon having an upcoming Coral Gables City commission election. Our mail boxes are filled with flyers and each flyer/candidate disavows these monstrous concessions. They are deep in the swamp. They are all corrupt. They are ruining the city and our way of life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S