DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on airdata file from recent problematic flight

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
On a recent flight described in an earlier post my Mav3 locked up after getting a notice I was entering a restricted zone. Problem is, I wasn't - at least not according to the B4UFlY app as well as the DJI Geo fence app. I was nearby but clearly not within any designated circle. After getting the notice my Mav3 became almost entirely unresponsive. I attempted to turn tail and come home but the Mav3 was not having it. In the csv file at 25m 35.5 seconds I get the Aircraft entered Restricted Zone. It was either referring to an altitude zone of 150 meters which I was well below or a nearby Authorization Zone which I was not within. I was approximately .5mi from the Authorization zone. Would you expect that to cause a drone to lock up? I was even further from any FAA restricted area shown via the B4UFLY app. I am attaching the TXT file converted from a CSV file. Hopefully that is the correct one. It may seem like and odd flight; I was showing a friend who has never flown a few bits. I was aware of the nearby zone and thought I was being careful not to enter it :). It may be as simple as being within .5mi of a restricted zone is too close although I have flown in that area even closer in the past.

Attachments

• converted-Aug-31st-2022-02-41PM-Flight-Airdata.txt
    6.7 MB · Views: 22
I am attaching the TXT file converted from a CSV file.
That file is no help for anyone trying to look into the flight data.
If you've already uploaded to Airdata, just post a link to the Airdata summary , but make sure that you've ticked the share box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S