DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on getting Insurance for Mavic

zimode

Reactions
Here's the dealio.. It's my first drone. What has been others experience with DJI care and their turnaround time? I gotten a couple of other companies names that offer service - Drone World & Cloud City Drones..

So any thoughts?

Have DJI Care on our Inspire 1 unit and have used it twice, two very good experiences and therefore we did get it with our Mavic pre-order as well.

Have DJI Care on our Inspire 1 unit and have used it twice, two very good experiences and therefore we did get it with our Mavic pre-order as well.

What was the turnaround time that you experience

1 day inbound shipping with UPS from Vegas, got checked in the same day it was delivered, at the end of the next day we had an update on what they were doing, shipped back the following day, received the day after that. So end to end I believe 5 days. Our dealer did help us a bit with the RMA so I'm not sure how much of an effect that had on it how quick that turnaround was

Reactions: zimode
I bought the insurance for my Mavic pre-order. I have a Phantom 2 non-Vision but I never needed to send it in for repair. Even after numerous crashes and modifications.

My experience with DJI drones (granted it's just the one) has been a good one. I'm hoping that trend continues with the Mavic, but I decided to get the insurance. Why take chances?

I don't know. I do know that things are much smoother with DJI Care if you have it. I had a problem with my Phantom 3 Pro and had nothing but the factory warranty. Shipped on a monday via RMA and returned the following Monday I think. Quick smooth deal. I was fairly pleased.

I've had to send in my P3A a few times for stress cracks and DJI has been pretty quick with the repairs. Usually when it's checked in on Monday they had it shipped out by the end of the week.
And this was just with the normal one year warranty.
Pretty smooth overall.

Don't know about dji care but when I got my p3 I got an insurance policy thru State Farm. I crashed it a few weeks later. The only damage was the camera snapped off from gimbal. I claimed It and they cut me a check for 700$ three days later. That was the full amount I paid for the drone. So I have the crashed one and a brand new one and still have my policy. No rate increase at all. Oh yea it's 60$ a yr.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How can we get that insurance? Do you have to bundle with other coverage?

Buddy of mine started with State Farm's policy a few months ago and has already had a successful claim. I'll try and get him on this thread so he can share more about that experience with them

Please do so, because I spoke with my agent and he said it would not cover crashes, only fire and theft and that would be as a part of a home owners insurance or renters insurance. Also, you are still responsible for the deductible. I have Mercury, but I also called a State Farm agent and she didn't know about it. She still said it would be part of a renters or home owners insurance.

State Farm and most insurance plans have a deductible. Not only that but "it counts as a claim" which may mean if you list it as a claim your rates could go up. Think wisely about this.

Refer to my earlier post. Im telling you there was no deductible and my rate is the same. And it covered my crash.

Don't know about dji care but when I got my p3 I got an insurance policy thru State Farm. I crashed it a few weeks later. The only damage was the camera snapped off from gimbal. I claimed It and they cut me a check for 700$ three days later. That was the full amount I paid for the drone. So I have the crashed one and a brand new one and still have my policy. No rate increase at all. Oh yea it's 60$ a yr.

Refer to my earlier post. Im telling you there was no deductible and my rate is the same. And it covered my crash.

I don't doubt you Bigdog. But refer to what I said about it counting as a claim. My wife works for SF and she reminds me of this all the time. All your "claims" go into a bucket. Different claims have some "unknown" value to us consumers and they fill the bucket differently. Obviously if you total your car and it's your fault it will have greater consequence than crashing a drone. My point is, once the bucket fills up, something happens. Your rates go up because of it or perhaps if the claims are bad enough you get dropped from your insurance. SF as well as any other insurance carrier is going to protect it's interests.

Glad it worked out for you though! ;)

I understand but I went thru State Farm for drone purposes only. My house car etc is thru someone else

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica