DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on new ND filters from DJI

Jacobegg

Reactions
DJI just put up some nd filters on their website. You guys have any thoughts on if these are worth it?

Got a link?

Thanks! They are not showing on their non-mobile website for some reason.

Yea I noticed that. They are kinda tricky to find. They won't show on the apps for me but show in safari on their website.
$35 for a set of 3 isn't that bad I think. I may have to get some.

The price is right but the clips look like flimsiness to me. Anyone mind posting a short video review?

You have a very good point. The over all filter looks thin to me. But I'm guessing it clamps onto the little ring around the camera. I think it may be a few days before we see a review as they just came out.

You get what you pay for, is my mantra. These are cheap, so the quality probably reflects that.
DJI is not known for making low quality filters. I ordered some, so I'll have to wait and see if that holds true with this new set.

Reactions: willhay555
DJI is not known for making low quality filters. I ordered some, so I'll have to wait and see if that holds true with this new set.
Please let us know what you think of them! I've been looking for a decent priced filter for the mavic.

I think that other producers will have to change their way to mount the filters adopting the same form of the dji ones which clearly doesn't block the gimbal to move freely in all directions.

Most other producers already have filters that don't block the gimbal movement.

I've seen discussions that the tacos, the polars and the pgy do have such problems, so much that they say that you have to mount them after the startup self test but I can be mistaken.

I've seen discussions that the tacos, the polars and the pgy do have such problems
I own all of these and they work just fine. The first version of the PolarPro filters do not clear the gimbal.

Reactions: spazzbecker
The Tacos never had a problem. Early Polars yes (apparently new series is fine), PGY it seems they have issues too but not for everyone.

The other important question is: are they multi-coated? It doesn't say on DJI's website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3