Join Us Now

Air 2s Three Lighthouses over the past week

karlblessing

Gerbil Charmer Extraordinaire
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
karlblessing.com
The last week or so I've had some time to hit up some lighthouses in between stores when they sent me up to Traverse City a couple times, and tonight to Muskegon.

Pointe Betsie over by Frankfort, Mi , both a little before and after sunset.

g0oPMey.jpg

zIVkGEm.jpg

Also got an 8 second exposure at ISO 800 before returning home

YgLgjYj.jpg

Big Sable Point Lighthouse over by Ludington, Mi that I didn't manage to actually get to until a little after sunset (it's about a 2 mile walk from the parking lot).

Used the Arc V strobe as a light back to the car behind the dunes since I forgot to grab the flashlight in the trunk.

aUPoqLBh.png

And then earlier tonight, my first flight of the Air 2S in freezing temperatures (since I got it earlier this year), and first flight around a lighthouse long after the sun set. Video was at ISO 1600.

8bTP0wT.jpg

Would have been out a little longer to get smoother clips, but it was cold, and looking out into the total blackness of Lake Michigan was kind of creeping me out.

Great photos and videos, but I think I'll print one in particular and keep it for when I want to scare my Grandkids that there really are "boogie men" out there... 🎃;):D

The last week or so I've had some time to hit up some lighthouses in between stores when they sent me up to Traverse City a couple times, and tonight to Muskegon.

Pointe Betsie over by Frankfort, Mi , both a little before and after sunset.

g0oPMey.jpg

zIVkGEm.jpg

Also got an 8 second exposure at ISO 800 before returning home

YgLgjYj.jpg

Big Sable Point Lighthouse over by Ludington, Mi that I didn't manage to actually get to until a little after sunset (it's about a 2 mile walk from the parking lot).

Used the Arc V strobe as a light back to the car behind the dunes since I forgot to grab the flashlight in the trunk.

aUPoqLBh.png

And then earlier tonight, my first flight of the Air 2S in freezing temperatures (since I got it earlier this year), and first flight around a lighthouse long after the sun set. Video was at ISO 1600.

8bTP0wT.jpg

Would have been out a little longer to get smoother clips, but it was cold, and looking out into the total blackness of Lake Michigan was kind of creeping me out.

I admire your bravery and fortitude. That lake wind can be brutal. Nice job on the filming,

Dale
Miami

Reactions: LoudThunder
I admire your bravery and fortitude. That lake wind can be brutal. Nice job on the filming,

Dale
Miami
I checked in advance and it was at most 9mph wind gusts. So was a pretty ideal condition to do it other than being freezing and dark.

Air Data's in-flight wind calculation said it was 5mph average with gusts to 7.7mph.

1668531862951.png

If it was stronger I would have avoided it, especially because the wind direction goes out towards the lake rather than the shore.

At least it wasn't like when I shot up at Leland and it was a bit over 37mph (at 1:43), but the wind was coming back to me to shore at the Leland location.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada