DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Three Questions

Hiflyer808

Reactions
1. My Mavic 2 Zoom will fly no higher than 200 ft., no matter what maximum altitude I set. I suspect it's because I'm near no fly zone, since I get a warning that RTH will pass through one. Any way to check on the reason for the low altitude ceiling?

2. I often get no circles around people and can't draw a square around them when trying to do active track. Subjects are surfers, around 100 ft. away, drone is over water at around 30-50 ft. altitude, winds around 10 mph. Seems like I have more trouble with the tracking than I had with the old Mavic Pro. Any ideas about what the problem might be?

3. Is there a way to get rid of all the overlays but still be able to use tap fly and/or active track? The overlays often hide where I want to tap..

1. My Mavic 2 Zoom will fly no higher than 200 ft., no matter what maximum altitude I set. I suspect it's because I'm near no fly zone, since I get a warning that RTH will pass through one. Any way to check on the reason for the low altitude ceiling?

3. Is there a way to get rid of all the overlays but still be able to use tap fly and/or active track? The overlays often hide where I want to tap..
CAVEAT: This may not work while configuring one of the Intelligent Flight modes, but give it a try...

Go to General Settings > "Full Screen Mode" to see what this value is (one or two fingers).

Exit settings and then—using one (or two) fingers—swipe down on the screen. Swipe again to restore the screen to its default view.

Here's an example...

Thanks, I read about that after asking the question. I will see if I can do tap fly or active track in that mode, and report back.

Try re-installing DJI Go, and re-logging into it.

2. I often get no circles around people and can't draw a square around them when trying to do active track. Subjects are surfers, around 100 ft. away, drone is over water at around 30-50 ft. altitude, winds around 10 mph. Seems like I have more trouble with the tracking than I had with the old Mavic Pro. Any ideas about what the problem might be?

Don't take offense if this sounds like a stupid question, but is this happening when you are in 'sport' mode? You can't use active track in sport mode, it won't allow you to draw squares, and won't show circles, but sliding the switch back to 'position' mode re-enables active track.

You might be able to activate active track, then swipe up to temporarily remove the overlay, then swipe again to get it back. I'll try this tomorrow myself, I'm curious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000