DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

three sisters Mtn flight question

Jonny521

Reactions
Within the next year or so i plan on flying out to Oregon and visit some family out there. Plan is to bring my Mavic air 2 along with me and capture footage of the area and of the trip. I have been looking on the website for national parks and rec and have found info but i am still unclear as to whether or not you can fly near the sisters. I know Mt SH is restricted but when i look on the aloft app it doesn't show any restrictions. Any help is much

It looks like you could fly near the Sisters from Three Creek Lake to the east. You would immediately be entering wilderness within a few hundred feet. There is nothing preventing the overflight of wilderness just know that you can't take off or land in wilderness . Three Creek Lake is just outside the wilderness boundary.. but the closest peak would be Broken Top Peak, over 3 miles away :-(

• Sad
Reactions: Jonny521
Within the next year or so i plan on flying out to Oregon and visit some family out there. Plan is to bring my Mavic air 2 along with me and capture footage of the area and of the trip. I have been looking on the website for national parks and rec and have found info but i am still unclear as to whether or not you can fly near the sisters. I know Mt SH is restricted but when i look on the aloft app it doesn't show any restrictions. Any help is much
Here is the Forest service policy:

"Both recreational and commercial operators need to be familiar wihth the local restrictions ithere area flight area.

Wilderness: Drones are considered to be both “motorized equipment” and “mechanical transport” and, as such, they cannot take off from, land in, or be operated from Congressionally designated wilderness areas such as Three Sisters, Mr. Jefferson, Mt. Washington, Mt. Thielsen, and Diamond Peak Wildernesses."

You can get close and fly a drone over the wilderness, I have done it there. From the south side on Hwy 372 there are several places along there to park and fly from. The South Sister looms large as it is 10,000 ft up that Volcano.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S