DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Thrilling and Spectacular Adventure Zone Highlight reel!

Karlewski

Reactions
I put this highlight reel together with my footage from last fall and winter. Definitely turn up the Volume for the 2nd half! Always fun to look back on and share these once in a life time moments! Man am I excited for some nice weather here in the Colorado Rockies. I did go back the the UT desert last week just to tide me over, OMG pretty intense trip, climbing mesas, towers and slot canyons. I think some of my drone flight skills are evolving to the next level. I'll post some up here soon, flying through arches and bridge trusses as well as along some very cool desert rock formations.

Last edited:
I put this highlight reel together with my footage from last fall and winter. Definitely turn up the Volume for the 2nd half! Always fun to look back on and share these once in a life time moments! Man am I excited for some nice weather here in the Colorado Rockies. I did go back the the UT desert last week just to tide me over, OMG pretty intense trip, climbing mesas, towers and slot canyons. I think some of my drone flight skills are evolving to the next level. I'll post some up here soon, flying through arches and bridge trusses as well as along some very cool desert rock formations.
Without doubt in my opinion the most spectacular and compelling vision on the Forum. There aren’t enough words.... You rock my friend (pardon the pun) ?????

Great video! Makes me feel old ? lol

A guy I knew just died breaking his neck falling off a roof just 2 days ago. Then I see this video . Awsome video, but I wouldn't risk it. Enjoy your adventures.

Hi Karl,
Simply incredible you are a crazy man..In the positive sense! ? I liked the video very much and enjoyed it very much and I wish you many more interesting adventures! I am already very excited about your next video!
stay safe and thank you very much for sharing the video with us!
cheers Paul

Hey Karlewski

When I see there is a film by you, it makes my day. This one is certainly TOUR DE FORCE!!! I know you can back alive because I am watching the video you made afterwards, but I really wonder how you manage to scale those ridges and steeps. Keep safe.

Dale
Flat Miami

Thank-you my friends, your impressions mean a LOT to me. No need for any gloom and doom, there is some risk but climbing has been my life for decades and, my job for the last 5 years, I was a building inspector specializing in roofing inspections. I literally climbed more roofs than anyone in the Denver area over those years, literally 10's of thousands, 15-20 a day full time for years. . . now I just sell roofs and climb a couple a week. . . .I fear ladders way more then solid rock, though it's not all solid. . . Honestly, the scariest thing that has happened to me was not climb related at all. I underestimated a desert hike up a wash FULL of super soft sand, super tiring, then up gnarly canyons and into deeper canyons on the other side to check out an arch and some tight slot canyons. . . I lost my way a couple times in serious back country. . . was low on water and it was a maze of death. I was scared and it was all I could do to stay calm and thoughtful to get the hell out of there. That was 4 days ago. GPS saved me but even then my GPS tracks were literally 20 feet apart. . . and the one I was on was at the bottom of a deep dark dead end slot canyon, unnerving. . . especially when you're thirsty, lol! I do not like relying on a GPS at all. I'll be glad to be back on high ground were my position is obvious and my skills are honed. . . There was some awesome drone action on the trip though. . . coming soon!

Thank-you my friends, your impressions mean a LOT to me. No need for any gloom and doom, there is some risk but climbing has been my life for decades and, my job for the last 5 years, I was a building inspector specializing in roofing inspections. I literally climbed more roofs than anyone in the Denver area over those years, literally 10's of thousands, 15-20 a day full time for years. . . now I just sell roofs and climb a couple a week. . . .I fear ladders way more then solid rock, though it's not all solid. . . Honestly, the scariest thing that has happened to me was not climb related at all. I underestimated a desert hike up a wash FULL of super soft sand, super tiring, then up gnarly canyons and into deeper canyons on the other side to check out an arch and some tight slot canyons. . . I lost my way a couple times in serious back country. . . was low on water and it was a maze of death. I was scared and it was all I could do to stay calm and thoughtful to get the hell out of there. That was 4 days ago. GPS saved me but even then my GPS tracks were literally 20 feet apart. . . and the one I was on was at the bottom of a deep dark dead end slot canyon, unnerving. . . especially when you're thirsty, lol! I do not like relying on a GPS at all. I'll be glad to be back on high ground were my position is obvious and my skills are honed. . . There was some awesome drone action on the trip though. . . coming soon!
I do have a question on your filming...what exactly are you using to get that top down view, a long selfie stick attached to your helmet? It distorts everything making it look like you are standing on the head of pain and earth falling away right from under your feet. It is a really scary viewpoint. (I am assuming you are climbing solo).

'It is a really scary viewpoint. (I am assuming you are climbing solo).'

You're telling, LOL! Just kidding, the insta 360 one R on a 10" extension helmet mounted, unicorny cam, when zoomed out, fish eye look, does usually make things look steeper, especially slabs. . . less then vertical climbing pitches, I think because it is easy to see the view between me and the rock, a long way down. . . The irony is, when it is really steep or overhanging, like when I fling my feet out dangling, it can't look between me and the rock since I'm mostly glued to the rock, staying real tight and doing all I can to stay balanced over my feet, conserving grip strength. It truly is mostly in the footwork and balance to climb at a high level. These clips are all free solo about 6 grades below my max abilities, I rope climb at 5.12a-b max and fall often and I'll solo a 5.6 if I have done it before. . .5.5 if not already pre scoped out. . .

'It is a really scary viewpoint. (I am assuming you are climbing solo).'

You're telling, LOL! Just kidding, the insta 360 one R on a 10" extension helmet mounted, unicorny cam, when zoomed out, fish eye look, does usually make things look steeper, especially slabs. . . less then vertical climbing pitches, I think because it is easy to see the view between me and the rock, a long way down. . . The irony is, when it is really steep or overhanging, like when I fling my feet out dangling, it can't look between me and the rock since I'm mostly glued to the rock, staying real tight and doing all I can to stay balanced over my feet, conserving grip strength. It truly is mostly in the footwork and balance to climb at a high level. These clips are all free solo about 6 grades below my max abilities, I rope climb at 5.12a-b max and fall often and I'll solo a 5.6 if I have done it before. . .5.5 if not already pre scoped out. . .
Enjoy your relative youth, my man! From my viewpoint, I am very happy to watch, but those days are far over for my age bracket.

Awesome ,your a brave man,I'd take a felt pen to weight message on drone if your in trouble and can locate someone

Interesting idea that may well work. . . I carry a satellite transmitter with the OH SH*&#! button. . . Garmin Mini in-reach. It can also send text messages to the family just to say all is well, :) .
I sure hope I never need to use it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851