Thunderdrones Repair Information

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Thunderdrones, May 27, 2017.

1. Thunderdrones

Thunderdrones Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Thunderdrones Repair Process and Prices

If you need service to your DJI Mavic, I can help. I have bought, sold and repaired over 1,200 Phantoms and Mavics and have every available spare OEM DJI replacement part for the Mavic both new and used.

I don't ask for any money up front, I will send you a Paypal invoice after you decide whether to fix it or not. I charge $49 to give you an estimate of the damage. It will take 2-3 business days after I have received your Mavic to generate the estimate, and I will email you when the estimate is complete. The estimate is just that, I will determine what the error messages are and what physical damage is apparent, but if I find any additional things that need to be repaired after the estimate and test flight, I will let you know before I finish the repair and wont proceed until I get your approval.

My repair rate is $49 per hour or fraction thereof, and if you decide to repair it, the $49 estimate fee is applied to the repair. Before I send your Mavic back to you, I normally calibrate the IMU and controller and take it for a test flight of at least 3-5 minutes.

Turnaround time for the repair is 3-5 business days after you have accepted the estimate. After your repair is complete, I will contact you and let you know it’s done and send you a Paypal invoice. I accept Paypal only as payment, and my Paypal address is [email protected]. I use USPS Insured Priority Mail as return shipping and I will bill you the cost of shipping along with the repair cost after it’s done.

• Please use USPS Priority Mail to send your drone. I have had very good luck with them.
    • Please make sure before you send it to me that your Paypal name and address information are up to date. I can only send it to your Paypal address on file.
    • Please do not complete the online repair request until you are actually sending your drone to me, please dont fill it out and then wait to send your drone.

If you decide to send me your Mavic for repair, Please include the following:

Mavic in it's original box, if possible.

Battery
    Controller
    SD card
    Gimbal lock
    Gimbal protective bubble

Before you send it in to me, please fill out the online repair request located at the following link:

Thunderdrones Mavic Repair Order

I don’t need any cables or charger. Please give me a tracking number after you have sent it in.

Please send your Mavic to me at:

Rob Schwartz

Thunderdrones

2615 Landington Way

Duluth, Georgia 30096

Tel (678) 763-4427

Thank you for your business.

Rob
    Thunderdrones

Attached Files:

#1 Thunderdrones, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018 at 10:49 PM
    Beauhale 1, ZUCSTA, Mxs and 16 others like this.
  2. Clare_G101

Clare_G101 Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a problem with a drone that you haven't been able to fix?

3. Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor

I have never met a Mavic I couldn't fix. Many happy customers.

4. FangsCPO

FangsCPO New Member

Do you carry the antennas for the Mavic Pro radio? I just dropped my radio and one of the antennas popped off and the wire inside snapped.

5. Qoncussion

Qoncussion Well-Known Member

Rob, I almost took you seriously until I saw that you have an AOL email address :p. Just kidding, brother - good post!

mlee and abeazzy2 like this.
  6. charliesRig

charliesRig Well-Known Member

I cant seem to fill out the PDF can you help

Piggy likes this.
  7. Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor

Dont worry about the PDF as long as you fill out this one:

Thunderdrones Mavic Repair Order

8. fragnet

fragnet New Member

I don't need repair but I need parts. I need the parts that hold both front arms. It is the screws, the pin (that locks the arm open/closed), the metal thing that is held down by the crews and the washer. I am building a Mavic Frame from from parts and I am missing those plus screws. I am just to put regular racing drone parts inside and make it look like a Mavic.

5p3m likes this.
  9. Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor

I will see if I have any of those.

10. tbuck

tbuck Member

Do you have the inserts that go into the controller arms? Mine were modified to fit my phone with case. I want to get a Mav Mount so need to replace them.

11. Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor

Sorry I dont have a set right now. Im not sure where you can get a set.

12. Murderer

Murderer Well-Known Member

Smyrna checking in; glad to see a repair shop in my own back yard!!

Thunderdrones likes this.
  13. Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor

Just a hop skip and a jump away.

14. Romshark

Romshark Member

Hi! I'm looking for a few parts.
    First is some replacement hex-head screws. I have one that the head is stripped out. I can probably get it out using a moto-tool to cut a slot for a screwdriver next time I have to open it, but want to get some screws ahead of time to replace bad screws. (If there's different lengths, I'm looking for the type inside the battery area, top rear, ect.) I saw on another thread that you sell them for $3.25 per pair. I'd like to get 3 packs (6 screws total.)
    The other part I need is the rubber feet pad for the front legs if you carry them. I'm missing the starboard side one, though I imagine they're sold as a pair. Picture included for clarity of the part in question.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. mcsterls

mcsterls Member

Thanks Rob. Agreed. Do I need to send the drone? The problem is just the controller that I broke - would prefer to only send the controller if I can.

Mike

16. mcsterls

mcsterls Member

Hi Rob,

Just dropped off my package for shipping USPS tracking #9405 8036 9930 0476 2934 49, expected delivery to you is Saturday 7/15. Here is all my info which I also included in the box.

Thanks, look forward to hearing back from you.

Mike

#16 mcsterls, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  17. altdestiny

altdestiny Member

Hi Rob,

Looking around seems you might be able to provide some direction on my need to source a replacement part for the RHS front leg on my Mavic.
    the rear props ritualistically severed it right near the top of its footing.

In in Australia BTW, local outfits want to take it in for repair. As it's happy to fly as is hoping to source the part instead of sending my bird away in post.

ty in advance for your time

18. jjhobby

jjhobby New Member

19. jjhobby

jjhobby New Member

I just packaged my MP up and sent to you via UPS shipping out from Peachtree City, GA on Monday, you should get by today (Tues) or Wed latest.
    Was getting gimbal overload errors after fall from tree and found the frame which the gimbal is mounted to the rubber band setup to be broken where the gimbal frame screws on. I replaced the frame with a new one and still had same error so the problem must be in the ribbon cable itself or on the board. I assume you can check all that stuff and determine repairs needed. Please let me know if you need any more information or items.
    I included all my info on your repair order and put copy of same in box with MP. I am generally always available at any numbers listed. Thanks in advance, your reputation precedes you well.
    Thanks,
    Jon Hobby

Thunderdrones likes this.
  20. Thunderdrones

Approved Vendor

Jon I sent you a PM (started a conversation).