DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tight landing. The only place i could find

Was there a 'need' to land there or?

maaaaan . . . you're toying with death!

I was recently at a lighthouse, leading to it was a narrow walkway with railings, I flew over to a nearby town, then my battery started running out, I obviously started coming back, then it said: "Battery only enough for RTH", anyway, dangerous. I put it in sports mode and zoomed towards me, the problem is, I am on a platform surrounding this very small wooden lighthouse, and there is no place to land on shore because of trees and water, etc... (I took off from a parking lot about 100 ft away, hidden from my sight by trees), so, then the drone started auto landing because of critically low battery! On the water!!! I could still tell it to go up, so I did. I didn't want to try hand catching it because I have not always had success with that (the drone just doesn't want to be caught and tries to fly away). There was only one thing to do, there was totally no place to land on the platform, I had to land on the very narrow walkway! With strong winds!!! In the end I succeeded in bringing the mavic over the walkway and bringing it down without slamming into the railing.... That was a tight landing....

Nice sticking the landing- now I would like to see you do a hot skid landing on the edge of that rock next :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MKurr and PAW
I was recently at a lighthouse, leading to it was a narrow walkway with railings, I flew over to a nearby town, then my battery started running out, I obviously started coming back, then it said: "Battery only enough for RTH", anyway, dangerous. I put it in sports mode and zoomed towards me, the problem is, I am on a platform surrounding this very small wooden lighthouse, and there is no place to land on shore because of trees and water, etc... (I took off from a parking lot about 100 ft away, hidden from my sight by trees), so, then the drone started auto landing because of critically low battery! On the water!!! I could still tell it to go up, so I did. I didn't want to try hand catching it because I have not always had success with that (the drone just doesn't want to be caught and tries to fly away). There was only one thing to do, there was totally no place to land on the platform, I had to land on the very narrow walkway! With strong winds!!! In the end I succeeded in bringing the mavic over the walkway and bringing it down without slamming into the railing.... That was a tight landing....
Thats awesome and lucky but possible. Why use sports mode? SM drains the battery faster.

Reactions: MKurr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803