DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tilt horizon and blurry images

mihalis19

Reactions
Hello I was trying to do something that they told me from dji because i have blurry edges.
So, i noticed that also i have a tilt in my horizon.

The first image:
Look the tilt

The second image:
i focused to the upper center but look at down right its blurry.

The third image:
i focused at down right but look the image to the other edges. They are blurry.

i made:
camera settings reset
imu calibartion
gimbal calibration

What do you think?

Attachments

• fr_54.jpg
    fr_54.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • fr_55.jpg
    fr_55.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • fr_56.jpg
    fr_56.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
You may need to use a manual gimbal adjustment offset.
It should go level on its own after calibration though.
But the curtains behind look fairly vertical, I'm not sure the 'tilt' isn't a perspective effect?

The focusing problem could just be your testing conditions in low light and indoors, you may find nothing to worry about in normal use.
A better test would be face a wall with some detail e.g. bricks from about 20 feet away

Is your table level? From the photo it looks like your horizon is level but your table is not. If your Mavic isn't sitting level (check it with a level, don't assume it), then a gimbal calibration isn't going to help.

You can always adjust your gimbal roll in your settings. Go to your settings, gimbal settings, "adjust gimbal roll". Or you can do the same thing by holding down your C2 button and turning the right scroll wheel at the same time.

I don't see the issue with your focus. When focused on something at a distance of 1-2 meters (especially in darker conditions), your focal plane is at that distance. Objects closer than that or further away will be out of focus. That's true for any camera. It simply looks like you're changing the focal plane and at such close distances, not everything can be in focus.

The Mavic's camera is a very wide angle lens with a wide aperture. It's also not mean to focus at a very close focal length. Go outside in the sunlight, put the Mavic up in the air and focus on a tree several meters away. Take a photo. Is the right corner (at the same focal distance) still out of focus? Is the focus shown only on your screen or do your photos/videos show the focus issues as well?

the table is perfect level . check this video and tell me your opinion about blurry edges. edited with premiere with youtube 4k export settings. (i uploaded the same link to another thread before some days but ceck it )

also check this photo about tilt.

Attachments

• DJI_0006.jpg
    DJI_0006.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 12
I definitely don't see any horizon tilt issues. Almost every horizon in your video appears perfectly level to me. Very, very slight offsets if anything but nothing out of the ordinary. All can be shifted in flight if you feel it is off kilter in some manner.

And maybe it's my monitor but I also don't see the focus difference in the lower right quadrant. Most appear perfectly in focus (to me) and those that do have slight blurriness, also show the same blurriness in other parts until/unless the focus is shifted slightly to come into focus.

Maybe others will comment and say that they see the issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike