DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tilted horizon at high speed?

soulsurfer

Reactions
Hi Mavic 2 owners. I was hoping some of you could tell me if you experience that the gimbal tilts at high speed flying or strong winds? I really love my Mavic Air, but it keeps tilting the horizon on my video footage when in sports mode and I was hoping the Mavic 2 does not exibit this behaviour...
(I also really am attracted by increaced range and battery, but the tilt is most important).

Just some clarification. You’re asking about horizontal being off in high speed or pitch?

Sooo.....do you get this tilted horizon a lot on the Mavic 2? Or not at all? The Air does it every time it’s going fast in sports mode.

Is this an M2 Pro or Zoom?

My M2 Zoom has 63 flights under its belt totaling just over 18 hrs in the air so far and I've never seen any hint of horizon tilt.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
my M2P has crooked horizons a lot more often than my former MA did (which would get it during sport mode) The M2P has such a heavy camera... and/or when you pan side to side (by pushing on the screen). It's not to hard to deal with in post (just like the barrel distortion) the M2P certainly has it's quirks, but the positives far outweigh them.

I have experienced this but by far not so much if I'm flying sideways in Sport mode on my M2Z. In normal mode the horizon isn't titled.

Sooo.....do you get this tilted horizon a lot on the Mavic 2? Or not at all? The Air does it every time it’s going fast in sports mode.

Isn't that normal for the Air like on the Spark with Sport mode automatically switching to FPV View ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143