DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tilted Horizon?

darkneo

Reactions
Anyone have thise issue, I took some pictures and this is how it looks. I think it can be adjusted via the app right?

70d7a86dd460ab0ed48c20d6a3bc27b5.jpg

Did you do a "cold" IMU calibration and then a gimbal calibration (access those through the GO app)

IMU yes, not a gimbal calibration.

Report back after you do... I had issues with two of my Phantoms... one was solved with a (COLD) IMU calibration and gimbal calibration... the other needed to be sent back to DJI...

Just do (auto) gimbal calibration first, from the app.
You don't usually need to do any manual fine tuning.
Hopefully it will only need doing very infrequently if first calibration looks OK.

Anyone have thise issue, I took some pictures and this is how it looks. I think it can be adjusted via the app right?

70d7a86dd460ab0ed48c20d6a3bc27b5.jpg
Press and hold C2 then adjust on the fly with rotation of right remote control wheel.
(This should have been reintroduced with the latest version of DJI Go but depends if DJI have migrated it accross to the Mavic platform) - it will not be documented anywhere.

Additionally 'Some' horizon drift is always evident on a three axis gimbal and I have explained why over here on post #3....
Terrible horizon drift - even with balanced camera and lens and starting up on flat ground.

You guys need to read! DO NOT DO A IMU CALIBRATION! It is set at the factory perfectly. You only do it and/or the compass if asked to by the app!

It says this in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I am not calibrating my IMU when I get mine. I never had a problem with my P3 until after an IMU calibration. I will fly until I am prompted to make the calibration.

It would probably be a good idea to at least check the values...then yeah, calibrate only as needed.

...that and battery cell voltage are among my regular preflight checks

I calibrated the gimbal and it looks good so far. [emoji2]

Press and hold C2 then adjust on the fly with rotation of right remote control wheel.

When I do this, it also adjust the camera's EV at the same time, as if I weren't holding down C2. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Hmmm I really haven't taken the time to check the horizon. I have been to busy flying. I guess at some point I take some video... Flying this thing will make you grin... Just sayin

Reactions: Tony Perry
Just do this if you need to ..... the ability to adjust it is there for a reason . ..

When I do this, it also adjust the camera's EV at the same time, as if I weren't holding down C2. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

So has anyone tried this yet? Holding C2 while rotating right wheel to adjust gimbal roll without having to touch screen. I'll try this when I get home from work to see if this works with v01.03.0000 firmware they released this week.

Why do people immediately jump on the calibrate IMU bandwagon!

IMU calibration should be the LAST alternative before you contact support or unless the software tells you to calibrate due to am issue! Especially in this instance when you can simply calibrate the gimbal or more easily just adjust the roll.

Please do NOT listen to these people, you can cause yourself more issues if the you just jump in and calibrate the IMU, much longer startup times if the temp changes etc...

So has anyone tried this yet? Holding C2 while rotating right wheel to adjust gimbal roll without having to touch screen. I'll try this when I get home from work to see if this works with v01.03.0000 firmware they released this week.

Yes this does or at least did work (my mavic is at the docs) with the penultimate firmware and v.3.1.0 of the app but as mentioned it also adjusts the exposure but that is easily fixed by simple releasing the button and rolling the thumb-wheel back a few steps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S