DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time-lapse during sunset/sunrises to steep change in ISO (longer exp-time would be better)

Reactions
Would be nice to have the possibility for day/night transitions were exposure times are more prone to change and ISO changes less quickly.

Did a test with the nice motion-lapse feature that worked out very well. But found out that the iso at some point the ISO increases to much instead of more rising exposure times.
Absolutely no other remarks, this little jewel exceeds my expectations. Try to convince my other "photo friends" to buy this incredible

So the timelapse exposure seemed nice but
Took a test-motionTL with interval 5 sec: started at 20:16 and ended at 21:16 (Tenerife, sunset 20:53 local time) with ND16 filter,.
The exposure changed form 1/80sec - ISO 100 to 1/4sec - ISO 1600.
>>> the last pictures were of course very grained, 1600 iso.

Two possibility’s suggestions would be for day/night transitions:
  • To have the possibility to interrupt the TL somewhere in the middle in order to make it possibility to remove the filter.
  • Do a ramping (maybe to much asked).
  • To restrict the rather steep ISO climb to 1600 in favour of longer expositions.
    • For the example from what I’ve found above: the change could be 1/80sec/ISO100 to 2sec/ISO200 or even 4sec/ISO100
So tak you if someone comes up with another idea

Tried to post this tread on DJI-forum but for some reason was not allowed to put a tread, only 55 points...

Reactions: Dronage
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929