DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time-Lapse test with Mavic Mini

Roy Rogers

Reactions
I did 2 time-lapse tests . With a full battery each time. I took off ascended up to 300 ft . Then just let it film .Both times i greater then 20 mins of footage .Both flights had high wind warnings but i could hear the motors from where i was and i hurd little variation in the sound they made.
First test it Yawed right then back to the left by the end . I had for gotten to calibrate before the flight and my last flight was 70 miles away and 2000 ft higher in elevation , up in the Tar Hills of the North Carolina Mountains.
Second test I did calibrate it and it stayed more or less perfectly still while filming cars, people, as a city goes about its chrismas day life.
In conclusion if I would had stopped after just one flight I would have thought the Mavic Mini Unusable for Time-Lapse filming ! The second Test did much better and I stop just short of calling it impressive only because at X 8 speed you can see even the smallest movement. I think the first test/flights yaw right and left again was due to not calibrating but I cant say for sure .

when the orientation display bottom center turns red and flashes, it means it is trying to get a GPS lock you will notice it more if you are indoors, but in your case you had lost GPS and it had gone into ATTI mode

Reactions: Roy Rogers
when the orientation display bottom center turns red and flashes, it means it is trying to get a GPS lock you will notice it more if you are indoors, but in your case you had lost GPS and it had gone into ATTI mode
That doesn't sound quite right . it shows 17 satellites at the top . It has booted up in ATTI mode once before when I was deep in a valley with Steep Steep mountains on two sides . I thought it might have been referring to my cell phones GPS for the map ?
Thanks for trying to answer it though , Your the only one that's even tried .

Reactions: old man mavic
That doesn't sound quite right . it shows 17 satellites at the top . It has booted up in ATTI mode once before when I was deep in a valley with Steep Steep mountains on two sides . I thought it might have been referring to my cell phones GPS for the map ?
Thanks for trying to answer it though , Your the only one that's even tried .
no worries that could be right about the device GPS though i know its to do with it trying to get a GPS lock ,it does it if i am at home and it is unable to lock onto enough sats to fly, if i am checking for any updates before going out to fly ,as i only use an ipad with wifi

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Rogers
now worries that could be right about the device GPS though i know its to do with it trying to get a GPS lock ,it does it if i am at home and it is unable to lock onto enough sats to fly, if i am checking for any updates before going out to fly ,as i only use an ipad with wifi
I would like to know what the limit is how many things can be using the satellites . when i first got into flying drones it would link to 19 , 20 , everytime almost everywhere . fast forward 2 years later 13- 15 is about all i seem to be able to link with .

Reactions: old man mavic
I would like to know what the limit is how many things can be using the satellites . when i first got into flying drones it would link to 19 , 20 , everytime almost everywhere . fast forward 2 years later 13- 15 is about all i seem to be able to link with .
Satellites just transmit info, you can have any number of GPS devices receiving the info

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada