DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Timed photo for selfie

Not sure with the MP - but does it have an interval photo mode to take multiple shots over a given amount of time (seconds)? Then just delete the unwanted frames and keep the winner.

Reactions: ZX14-R
It occurred to me that I could simply use the movie mode, then grab a still.
Video stills are not photo resolution and you'll be at a disadvantage if you want a quality image. I would recommend using interval capture as mentioned above. Keep the photo(s) you want and delete the rest. There is also the "gesture" mode on the MP1 whereas you can use hand signals to initiate a photo capture, but I think that might be gone on the MP2.

If you just want a simple photo and nothing of epic quality, then grabbing a frame shot in 4K is going to work perfectly well. I have done that a number of times and the quality is fine to emailing or looking at on your laptop or tablet and even for maybe a 9x12 print. So don't think it will be crap, because it will not. In fact just take a screen shot of a paused frame on your current stock of video and see what that looks like, because only you know what your final use for that frame will be used for, we can only speculate. I think you will be fine with a frame from a video. Otherwise, as suggested, just do a frame burst or interval timed still shot.

If you just want a simple photo and nothing of epic quality, then grabbing a frame shot in 4K is going to work perfectly well. I have done that a number of times and the quality is fine to emailing or looking at on your laptop or tablet and even for maybe a 9x12 print. So don't think it will be crap, because it will not. In fact just take a screen shot of a paused frame on your current stock of video and see what that looks like, because only you know what your final use for that frame will be used for, we can only speculate. I think you will be fine with a frame from a video. Otherwise, as suggested, just do a frame burst or interval timed still shot.
Yes, I've already extracted stills from video. They are fine for my purposes. Though, I would like to tinker with the hyper lapse feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots