DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tiny micro crack and sligt protrusion on fuselage

Oliver mavic air 2

Reactions
I recently noticed two sligt protrusions and a tiny crack on the fuselage right above both front leg hinge mechanisms. I believe that the screw in the mechanism is protruding up towards the plastic above which has now caused a tiny micro crack, I fear that this crack might expand.

has anybody else experienced a similar problem with their mavic air 2?

what should i do?

2EE5F6EE-8583-4CAB-A695-272DEA396F92.jpeg
the micro crack is barely visible at the left side of the red line, but it is still there

79001C88-376E-4FB8-A358-F6DC3353160D.jpeg
you can also see the plastic slightly protruding att this point on both sides

Last edited:
welcome to the forum, how long have you had it ,did you get care refresh

Im thinking that is more what most of us might consider to be a Micro Scratch.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Air 2 in the rain
Coal

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Thak you :), i’ve had it for 25 days, and there is a 30 guarantee on it, the micro crack is only visible in sunligt from a specific angle, so i wonder if the store vill accept the return

Reactions: old man mavic
well thats the way to go then good luck

Do yourself a favor before you return it , what about the rest of the drone, you have a chance to check out all the functions , does it connect, is the gimbal perfect , does the sd card work nice,
You may take it back but than get a dud , if you can check off this one on the essentials you may want to a least really test out the functions.

Im thinking that is more what most of us might consider to be a Micro Scratch.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Air 2 in the rain
Coal

Yes i could be but it doesn’t reflect ligth in the same way as a scratch and more like a crack. And it is also in the middle of a slight protrusion which to me indicates that it is a crack maybe, but still not 100% sure

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've found the pictures from the other post:
6dfe0cf15994960eec53669ce460c93f.jpg
5d9800b95eb6a829b7529d78014329ea.jpg
a29793dd1127c93ce692dd2d793531a6.jpg
c7eda455e0169fd6ddfa63255fa778fc.jpg

Def return that. Those look like stress cracks around the hinge mechanism.
Yeah that drone was either dropped or has a majorly defective hinge mechanism. On the OP post, that looks like a pattern defect in the plastic cast, or a scratch.

Reactions: DougMcC
Hi All, I'm new to here but I had the feeling that I should share my story as I have exactly the same issue here... From a tiny protrusion its became a nice tiny crack. Exactly the same place. I've contacted with the DJI Support, waiting for their answer what to do now. Also the same issue at one of my friends with MA2. It seems a material / construction issue to me.

Attachments

• IMG_9889.JPG
    IMG_9889.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
Hi All, I'm new to here but I had the feeling that I should share my story as I have exactly the same issue here... From a tiny protrusion its became a nice tiny crack. Exactly the same place. I've contacted with the DJI Support, waiting for their answer what to do now. Also the same issue at one of my friends with MA2. It seems a material / construction issue to me.

Hi! Yes I'm here. I have same issue. No crash, no accident. Flight time : 10h / 46 km. 93ECED33-83D7-41FA-B0AD-1BADC19F8A3A.jpeg

Looks like DJI in a constant effort to reduce the weight of the aircraft is using a lighter plastic, similar to the MM. This plastic feels thinner, fragiler than what they used in the Spark, the MA1, etc

My Mavic Air 2 developed a crack after only six months of owning it. DJI is repairing it for me free of charge.

Attachments

• Mavic Air 2 Stress Crack.jpg
    Mavic Air 2 Stress Crack.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 9
I had the same cracks.. dji replaced my unit under warranty. Stating it was not due to pilot error. At this point I'm pretty sure they are accepting that it is a manufacturer defect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61