DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tiny sound recorder

shizack2000

Reactions
Does anyone know of a tiny, maybe strobe light sized sound recorder with micro SD slot that's light enough for a mini or mini 2 to carry? I much prefer ambient plus motor sound to "epic cinematic" music.
I could use the tablet screen recorder sound but all the beeps and my shuffling noises are just as bad.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Some fpv camera transmitters have built in mics. You could splice into power inside the drone and mount it and it’s antenna with double sided tape. Then you can tx the sound to a ground station rx.

Maybe more complicated than you are looking for but it would be light.

Mike

Nice idea, but definitely too complicated and expensive. I've been looking for something more like the old 808 keychain camera we used to velcro too our rc helis. They're around 40-50 bucks when you can find them now. Used to be like 10-20$.

Reactions: slozukimc
Nice idea, but definitely too complicated and expensive. I've been looking for something more like the old 808 keychain camera we used to velcro too our rc helis. They're around 40-50 bucks when you can find them now. Used to be like 10-20$.
That is a cool little camera.

Mike

A couple of FPV pilots I know use this:

Synco Wireless Microphone

There are others that are much smaller, look at FPV forums for ideas.

Cheers!

Maybe not as expensive as you might think???

Mike

That might've been a good idea, but it's "not abailable in your country".
Ironic, as i seem to remember that HobbyKing was where i got the 808.

Now I know something to look for. Thanks.

Reactions: dozzn
Does anyone know of a tiny, maybe strobe light sized sound recorder with micro SD slot that's light enough for a mini or mini 2 to carry? I much prefer ambient plus motor sound to "epic cinematic" music.
I could use the tablet screen recorder sound but all the beeps and my shuffling noises are just as bad.
Thanks for any suggestions.
I have to ask, why would you ever want that?

My original DJI Phantom-1 carried a GoPro camera which recorded sound. And the sound was absolutely HORRIBLE. There's nothing "ambient" about it. The only ambient sound ever captured was if the motors weren't running at all. Otherwise all you get is constant prop whine, motor, and wind noise.

I think this is the only video I ever posted with uninterrupted noise like this. On some others I may have briefly included only motor startup and shutdown, with music in between. The motor noise was really annoying.

By the way, the issue in this incident was that I had ATTI mode selected, and Home-Lock doesn't work in ATTI mode. It instead behaves as though it's in Course-Lock mode. It behaved exactly as designed and exactly as explained in the user manual. But it certainly confused me at the time when it reacted opposite to what I had expected. Erk, panic and brain freeze...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters