DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tipping Point... What was yours

m0j0

Reactions
I was wanting to fly so I took out the Phantom 3. I came home and was inspecting my Phantom paying close attention to the new stress cr@cks. I had such a good time flying i was disappointed to see the cr@ck had grown larger. DANG! I had just completed a long autonomous flight and was contemplating another flight and I though crap I would hate to lose this thing. I wouldnt have anything to fly. So I considered my financial condition and decided I wanted a second bird. I wanted a P4. I thought about the orange one and the 6 rotor one too. The deal breaker was neither of them have autonomous flight. Specifically, none have litchi. So the P4 was going to be my choice. Then I saw some post on the Phantom Website talking about how many people were going to be selling their P4's... Did a little research and read up. As soon as I saw the bird I was sold but I was still thinking P4 because I wasn't dropping 2K for a new product! I kept watching and thinking this thing is amazing but I will just pick up a P4. When they said 900 for the TX version and 1200 for the bird with 3 batteries done!!!!!!! It seemed too good to be true. Well it isnt and mine is on it;s way...

What was your tipping point?

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear you were a target of the stress cracks. No fun at all. A frequent tipping point I've heard from people is traveling and not being able to bring a drone along. Talked to a guy today that is a big hiker/backpacker that just got back from 2 weeks of backpacking around Europe. He wanted to take his P4 along but there was simply no way to lug it around in a handheld case everywhere he went since he already had his huge pack on his back. Not being able to bring the P4 on that trip was the tipping point for him. He sold his P4 on eBay yesterday and pre-ordered a Mavic today.

Such a game changer to be able to throw the Mavic in your bag and bring it literally anywhere.

I got an email from DJI regarding the Mavic.... My Phantom 2 Vision + was getting a little long in the tooth... and I had been holding off on the Phantom 4. When I saw that email and how portable the Mavic will be.... it was my tipping point. I would leave my Phantom 2V+ at home just because it was so bulky and had so many parts that I could potentially lose.
I am SO excited about the Mavic.... I just hope I'm not waiting too long for it to come in... as I sold the P2V+ last weekend... so I have been grounded since. :/ @Advexure I bought the P2V+ from you July 15th 2014... probably should have ordered the Mavic from you also... but didn't think to look you guys up. Im so happy for your success, I spoke on the phone with you guys that first year with my P2V+... as when I crashed it.... DJI sent me another new one.... created a customer for life from me. You were very helpful also telling me if I didn't get any good response from DJI to let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got an email from DJI regarding the Mavic.... My Phantom 2 Vision + was getting a little long in the tooth... and I had been holding off on the Phantom 4. When I saw that email and how portable the Mavic will be.... it was my tipping point. I would leave my Phantom 2V+ at home just because it was so bulky and had so many parts that I could potentially lose.
I am SO excited about the Mavic.... I just hope I'm not waiting too long for it to come in... as I sold the P2V+ last weekend... so I have been grounded since. :/ @Advexure I bought the P2V+ from you July 15th 2014... probably should have ordered the Mavic from you also... but didn't think to look you guys up. Im so happy for your success, I spoke on the phone with you guys that first year with my P2V+... as when I crashed it.... DJI sent me another new one.... created a customer for life from me. You were very helpful also telling me if I didn't get any good response from DJI to let you know.

First off, thank you for the kind words on your experience at Advexure. We really appreciate it.

Sure hope your Mavic directly from DJI arrives in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do at this point to guarantee that you would receive a unit from us faster given that we've got a hefty stack of pre-orders since the launch on the 27th of September that are obviously ahead of all pre-orders placed today. Would love to help you out but as we've faced with all DJI releases over the years it's impossible to make guarantees when we're simply working on estimates from DJI HQ. With that being said, stay tuned as we've been surprised in batch numbers in past releases and have had times where we'll get caught up on all pre-orders for our customer and dealer orders and have a handful of units available (for all of 2 mins) :eek:

I am actually really impressed you've gone this long with the P2 Vision+! Can't say we still hear from people flying the P2V+ all that often anymore. Props to you! Did you wear DJI release blinders for the last 2 years so you wouldn't get tempted by the P3 or P4? :cool: Safe to say you've recouped your investment in the enjoyment over the last 2+ years with that unit?

Safe to say you've recouped your investment in the enjoyment over the last 2+ years with that unit?

Most definitely ! The enjoyment for 2+ years and I was able to sell it for $385 with the 3 Batteries... two chargers... and 11 pairs of props (I only ever broke one prop) I also installed an aftermarket "Gimbal Guard" aluminum bracket to hold the gimbal on during a crash. I went through two phantoms... and the 2nd one I had to pay for repairs from DJI... I was weeks without it as they were moving office locations or something.... it took FOREVER to get it back. I had upgraded the remote to the one with the dial and rechargeable battery... so I also sold it with two remotes.

I gave the guy personal lessons for about an hour... that was the most nervous I had ever been when flying since I knew it was his and not mine. :) LOL

I will not forget about you guys the moment I need anything you offer... and wont hesitate to highly recommend you.

Reactions: Advexure
Mine was the Mavic Power Bank adaptor.
Not being able to swap out the battery on the iPhone tipped me over. Nothing worse then seeing the red 1% on your iPhone. But now with the Mavic Power Bank adaptor, I can charge my phone anywhere I go by transforming the Mavic battery into a powerbank!!!

What awesome tech. 2016 has been a game changing year =)

The Mavic Power Bank adaptor retails for $1299 USD and comes with 3 batteries, a carry bag, and a drone so you can take pictures and videos of you charging your iPhone via the Mavic Power Bank adaptor.

DJI-MAV-PWR-BANK-ADP-P2.jpg

I had my P3 4k, which has no Lightbridge. Seeing a friend flying with the P4 showed me how much I wanted/needed the Lightbridge. But I am also travelling to other countries a lot. And there the Phantom was always a bit of a decision. Will I take it or not?

I brought my drone with me to Scotland, where it fell of the sky and dropped in Loch Lomond. Luckily after seeing the Log file DJI agreed to replace the drone. I checked with them if I can upgrade to the P4 and just pay the difference, but they didn't agreed.

While is was somewhere on the way from China to me the Mavic came out, done. As my drone was 100% new, I could easily sell it. Now waiting for the Mavic.

The size and weight as I can take it on walks and on my bike, always like the look of the phantom but too big for portability.

Portability. I am always out on my motorcycle, and while I had my finger on the trigger to buy the P4, I never did because of it's travel size. When I saw the Mavic and compared the specs to the P4, that was the final hurdle for me. Before even seeing the videos, I ordered it. I knew what the P4 was capable of, and that was enough for me, with the specs being so close (for the camera and functionality).

Being able to fold it up, put 4 batteries on the hub and charge while riding with everything in my tank bag? Yeah, sold.

Reactions: Mal
Portability. I am always out on my motorcycle, and while I had my finger on the trigger to buy the P4, I never did because of it's travel size. When I saw the Mavic and compared the specs to the P4, that was the final hurdle for me. Before even seeing the videos, I ordered it. I knew what the P4 was capable of, and that was enough for me, with the specs being so close (for the camera and functionality).

Being able to fold it up, put 4 batteries on the hub and charge while riding with everything in my tank bag? Yeah, sold.
My initial thought was to replace my P3p with a P4... Instead I ended up getting something that is even better. Does the same thing the P4 does and is small enough to fit in my lunch box.. Just amazing so I will wait to replace my P3 with the P5.

My initial thought was to replace my P3p with a P4... Instead I ended up getting something that is even better. Does the same thing the P4 does and is small enough to fit in my lunch box.. Just amazing so I will wait to replace my P3 with the P5.

HAHA! Awesome. I had this insane picture in my head of a bald guy with a hard hat on dangling his feet off a high-rise girder and an old lunch pail with a Mavic where the thermos would be and Bugs Bunny in the background with a rivet gun.

Been saving up for a P4. Then saw the Gopro Karma, and loved the form factor (and the Gopro Hero 5 Black, seriously awesome). But then the Mavic was announced, and once I saw it can do practically anything the P4 can do (and some more things like longer distance), and how portable it was, that was my tipping point. Since I was saving up for the $1200 P4, the $1000 Mavic was a no brainer. Should be getting my Mavic as soon as they hit the stores.

Someone posted a link on FB about the Mavic, made a comment to me about it and the wife saw it and said go buy it. So I did! :)

I had actually gotten close enough to stuffing the guts of a Phantom 3 into a folding Xugong frame kit that I bid on a couple on ebay...so a ready-made folder that also improves on pretty much every every aspect of the P3 that I care about...for less than I paid for said P3 originally, was a no-brainer.

The tipping point...? About half way through the live stream...

I mean if this was an Indiegogo fantasy drone I wouldn't believe it could be done, I would think they were making it up...

Folds down super small
has obstacle avoidance
great camera
super fantasy follow modes
super fantasy gestures
tiny controller
...that by the way goes out to 7km!
oh, and 27 min flight time...

I got bitten by the Plexidrone fantasy on Indiegogo so I don't believe the hype anymore...but this is DJI! They do deliver!

...the future is now...

I'm gonna jump on the portability bandwagon too. My P3P is great but sometimes I don't feel like lugging that hardshell backpack when I already have another pack with essentials in it. The Mavic should fit into the bag with all my other stuff, making it a no-brainer to take along all the time!

I ride a Motorcycle all over the US, Canada, and even into Mexico. Carrying a P3A in the case is a non-starter, but the Mavic with the 12 volt charger and 3 batteries will fit without problems..... SOLD!

it look like almost all of P3A, P2 owner has converted to Mavic and P3P and P4 owners had tougher decisions to make, but I think more than 50% of then were sold too, me being a owner of P4 for only 6 months is among them, sold my P4 for a lot less to fund my Mavic purchase in a hurry, the guy brought my near new P4 couldn't thank me enough, now I will find other thing to sell to get ready for the DJI goggles, was thinking about getting the new iphone 7 it is now out of question , dont even think about it, I just got to have the goggles. Mavic's $999 price tag is nothing compare to about 5 year ago certain DJI Spreadwing S800 and Zenmuse had costed me more than 5 times of that and back then you need to use your own camera and downlink, manage our own flyaway, luckly you can alway sell your DJI product to part fund your next purchase, very small amount to pay to get to play with latest technologies, self driven Telsa is out my budget, but a Mavic is the next best tech my money can buy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S