DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips for a UK newbie with a Mini 2.

LEZ90

Reactions
I've just brought my first drone (Mini 2) and have made a couple of clips that I would appreciate some creative advice on, as this is all new to me.

I'm finding when I'm changing direction the footage seems a little jerky. Is this normal? I'm using a 128gb Sandisk Extreme U3 and a similar one from Samsung with gives the same results.

Here's the clips:
Rottingdean
Newhaven

I'm also surprised how territorial birds are when I'm flying. Here's a particular disgruntled Seagull.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 14.23.59.png

if you put you controller in c mode then when you turn during video turn more slowly that way you don't get the jerky results on the video, even in N mode you must still turn slowly to avoid the jerky results

Reactions: LEZ90
I really liked the visual aspect/subject matter but for my taste you need to speed up the pace. There are nearly 90 seconds of consistent slow pace flying to start the video. I think the video would benefit with some change of pace (speed ramps), change of direction (pull away and fly backwards from the beach maybe) and zoom in on some points of interest. I found a lot of professional videos change “scenes“ every 10-20 seconds.

You spent 20 seconds flying towards the windmill but never took advantage of the opportunity to showcase it in the video. Why? Then there was an odd transition with the windmill in frame that didn’t add value....it felt choppy.

With all that being said, that is just my “taste”.....and I thought overall the video was enjoyable.

Reactions: LEZ90
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Check out cinematic moves/techniques.
You will get more ideas, of how to Great Suspense, create depth in video,
short clips, so many ideas to be more creative.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143