DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips for Active track

onahi2002

Reactions
Any tips. Im learning before a few trips early next year.
Active track was meant to follow me. In Trace .... It didnt, Was it too far away ? I didnt go too fast ? The video is just a leaning curve.
Thanks

I haven't used active track yet but is it possible you had the drone in beginner mode or another setting that limits it's travel distance?

You went right from high atop the Cannon building to speeding down the road. A pan from top of building of surrounding countryside down to your bike would have been much more seamless.

I am going to have a play with active track hopefully this weekend, but from the you tube tutorials I have seen, one of them showed that if there is poor contrast between the subject and rest of image it can't track, and mainly if you are simply too far away it can't get a fix either. It looks to me that you might be too far from the bikes for it to track and also the shot from over the fields seems to be a spotlight mode track? IE it tracks the subject in the centre of the picture but the drone stays put.

You went right from high atop the Cannon building to speeding down the road. A pan from top of building of surrounding countryside down to your bike would have been much more seamless.
Hi,
the content is irrelevant, I'll learn that as I go along, I was asking for tips on active track.

I am going to have a play with active track hopefully this weekend, but from the you tube tutorials I have seen, one of them showed that if there is poor contrast between the subject and rest of image it can't track, and mainly if you are simply too far away it can't get a fix either. It looks to me that you might be too far from the bikes for it to track and also the shot from over the fields seems to be a spotlight mode track? IE it tracks the subject in the centre of the picture but the drone stays put.
I reckon you're right, I was too far away, also, To follow maybe from the rear and not the side. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll