DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips on selling my Mavic Pro 1

marklyn

Reactions
So I took the plunge and purchased a Mavic Pro 2.
I could use some tips on how to market and sell my Mavic 1, particularly since it's likely that the purchaser will have to have it shipped to them.
What's to stop someone from saying, hey, it crashed right off the bat, there was a problem with it, etc.
I *know* everything is in tip top shape but I'm concerned about the other person not being honest if something happens once they get it.
Whenever I sell something I'm all about full disclosure and point out any issues, scratches, etc., so the listing will be 100% with pictures.
Still, any advice appreciated.

Reactions: mereflyer
If you are really concerned about a dishonest buyer, you will need to sell it locally for cash. Anyone can claim anything if they pay with Paypal, and Paypal will make you take it back.

The overwhelming majority of my selling transactions have been positive. I sell here on MP in the classifieds, Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace.

1. Mavicpilots classifieds - you have a captive audience and if you price it fairly it will sell quickly
2. Craigslist - local sale, you choose how you want them to pay. Once its sold, it s sold.
3. Facebook Marketplace - you can do local as well. Huge audience
4. eBay - high fees, but possibly higher sale price

If you are really concerned about a dishonest buyer, you will need to sell it locally for cash. Anyone can claim anything if they pay with Paypal, and Paypal will make you take it back.

The overwhelming majority of my selling transactions have been positive. I sell here on MP in the classifieds, Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace.

1. Mavicpilots classifieds - you have a captive audience and if you price it fairly it will sell quickly
2. Craigslist - local sale, you choose how you want them to pay. Once its sold, it s sold.
3. Facebook Marketplace - you can do local as well. Huge audience
4. eBay - high fees, but possibly higher sale price
Great tips! Totally forgot about the classifieds here, right under my nose.

Reactions: Former Member
Take a video of everything. I always do this now when selling anything electronic, in the video show you starting the controller and drone, showing no errors in DJI Go 4, shoot a video of take off, flight, landing, even a video of RTH.

It's then up to you whether to keep that video in case of a shady buyer, or show the buyer up front that everything is working as it should be. I've done both, video up front but also kept a video just in case.

I also take photos of every step of the packaging process, so I have proof that whatever I'm selling was packaged safely with no issues.

Good luck.

So I took the plunge and purchased a Mavic Pro 2.
I could use some tips on how to market and sell my Mavic 1, particularly since it's likely that the purchaser will have to have it shipped to them.
What's to stop someone from saying, hey, it crashed right off the bat, there was a problem with it, etc.
I *know* everything is in tip top shape but I'm concerned about the other person not being honest if something happens once they get it.
Whenever I sell something I'm all about full disclosure and point out any issues, scratches, etc., so the listing will be 100% with pictures.
Still, any advice appreciated.
Consider selling it on the Spark forum. Someone may be looking to upgrade

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S