DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips to avoid CRASHING your Mavic Pro

heo3480

Reactions
In this video, I'm sharing my 2 most important things you can do when a flight starts to go wrong.

What are your tips to avoid crashing?

Although not all of these apply to the Mavic (there's no selectable ATTI mode on the Mavic), I think it's still a good start:

John

In this video, I'm sharing my 2 most important things you can do when a flight starts to go wrong.

What are your tips to avoid crashing?
1. Always go straight up at least 50 feet above any obstacles before flying away, making sure to keep your eye on the Mavic (and not the screen) until fully clear when taking off or landing.
2. Take off and land with the green light facing you so all stick controls are intuitive.
3. Sports Mode: Never take off or land in sport mode, at least not in a tight area. Don't use sport mode when flying at very low altitude. Things happen too quickly.
4. Learn how to fly your Mavic home and land without the assistance of the RTH function.
5. Read the manual at least 2 times.
6. Start flying with a toy drone before risking a crash with the Mavic. Syma X8 or X5 are great starter drones to learn on.
7. Fly in a wide open field until comfortable.
8. Never fly inside.
9. Don't take off around objects or surfaces that may possibly affect your compass.
10. Be mindful of the wind. If in doubt, fly into the wind first.
11. Learn how to use the telemetry.
12. Follow a preflight checklist

The above are items right off the top of my head that I've found on this and other forums that pilots reported doing, or not doing, that ultimitly resulted in crashes.

And the most important one of all......

13. Learn from the mistakes others have made before they become your mistake. ;)

Last edited:
1. Always go straight up at least 50 feet above any obstacles before flying away, making sure to keep your eye on the Mavic (and not the screen) until fully clear when taking off or landing.
2. Take off and land with the green light facing you so all stick controls are intuitive.
3. Sports Mode: Never take off or land in sport mode, at least not in a tight area. Don't use sport mode when flying at very low altitude. Things happen too quickly.
4. Learn how to fly your Mavic home and land without the assistance of the RTH function.
5. Read the manual at least 2 times.
6. Start flying with a toy drone before risking a crash with the Mavic. Syma X8 or X5 are great starter drones to learn on.
7. Fly in a wide open field until comfortable.
8. Never fly inside.
9. Don't take off around objects or surfaces that may possibly affect your compass.
10. Be mindful of the wind. If in doubt, fly into the wind first.
11. Learn how to use the telemetry.
12. Follow a preflight checklist

The above are items right off the top of my head that I've found on this and other forums that pilots reported doing, or not doing, that ultimitly resulted in crashes.

And the most important one of all......

13. Learn from the mistakes others have made before they become your mistake. ;)
Very good collection of advice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54