DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan Cylone **(Atlas)** Corrected- antenna swap

The Titan is great unmodded this however helped my bird fly farther. Got them today and went way passed where I could before, in 20+ mph winds.

What do you consider "way past" where you could before? Do you mean with the Titan (and whip antennas) or stock RC?

What do you consider "way past" where you could before? Do you mean with the Titan (and whip antennas) or stock RC?
Farther than with the Titan antenna. I fly frequently in an area that has a lot of interference.

@Mike_Jaxson, stock the titan cyclone does not have any external plugin for antenas right?

Did you buy extra connectors and drilled the hole in the case to add to that?

Thanks.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Farther than with the Titan antenna. I fly frequently in an area that has a lot of interference.

Again, what's "farther"? 100 feet? 10 miles? Have you compared them head to head (flown a straight line out with one pair, brought it back and flown the exact same route out with the other antennas)? The issue here is if they are worth the added expense and effort.

My understanding was that the Atlas was omni-directional, improving reception by not receiving in a direct line (hence the whip antennas on the the side of the booster). If single directional antennas was what was needed to improve the signal, it would be better to get a Cyclone to begin with. Or am I missing something here?

Again, what's "farther"? 100 feet? 10 miles? Have you compared them head to head (flown a straight line out with one pair, brought it back and flown the exact same route out with the other antennas)? The issue here is if they are worth the added expense and effort.

My understanding was that the Atlas was omni-directional, improving reception by not receiving in a direct line (hence the whip antennas on the the side of the booster). If single directional antennas was what was needed to improve the signal, it would be better to get a Cyclone to begin with. Or am I missing something here?
I'm sorry not to have quantified it. And you may very well be correct when it comes to should I have bought the Atlas.

I will do I test tomorrow and give you figures. Off the top of my head I would say an extra 5000 feet of clear, crystal clear signal in an area with lots! of interference.
How I came to the conclusion off of the top is simple. I've taking my drone to my Mother's home often, there a place where the signal fails, blank screen, return to home, you're familiar. We'll with the Alfa antennas I simply was able to go well past where I went on every other occasion.

Today in a park I flew out against the wind, there are these power lines and such I always get signal warnings and weak signal and no picture. I will do a comparison for you when I can. The power lines are near 299 & 301 junction.

Honestly I figured for $20 it was something people would be interested in it. I forgot we are an analytical bunch.

I'm in Delaware, I will get you a comparison from the park and My Mom's place.

20171117_181935.jpg

Odd. Got my titan cyclone today from maxuav and it doesnt have the extra set of antenna connectors upfront.
See the attached pic

Attachments

• 1820C8A7-E478-4D31-99C7-21196957074F.jpeg
    1820C8A7-E478-4D31-99C7-21196957074F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member