DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To Canadian Pilots only ! .

Lionfish

Reactions
Hi fellow Canadians.
I was looking for a hi/vis vest for when I’m flying and I hoped to find one in Canada rather than pay shipping etc from the US .
Well I found one on Kijiji.ca , from a good guy , drone pilot by the name of DALE .
His email is [email protected] .

The vest is good quality, nice printing on the back and plenty pockets for your batteries , lunch , sunglasses etc .
The price is $55cdn plus shipping.
I believe he also has other less expensive vests .

The printing on the back is

TRANSPORT CANADA
CERTIFIED
DRONE. PILOT
PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB.

I’m very pleased with mine , there has been many people on the forum who have recommended the use of these vests to allow flying without annoying people bothering you when you’re flying .1DF837F4-B18B-4BE0-B780-40A7AF15ECD7.jpeg1DF837F4-B18B-4BE0-B780-40A7AF15ECD7.jpeg0247DFD7-F5A6-4233-A96C-F42E78238CBB.jpeg

I haven't had a problem with people interfering with me flying my drone so I probably wouldn't bother wearing a vest. The wording on this almost seems to imply that the wearer is representing or working for Transport Canada (since those are the first two words at the top) which could be seen as being misleading. If the pilot wearing the vest is flying illegally then passersby would have every right to question them, but may shy away if they think the pilot is from the government. Maybe I'm out to lunch on this but that's my two cents worth of opinion.

Hi fellow Canadians.
I was looking for a hi/vis vest for when I’m flying and I hoped to find one in Canada rather than pay shipping etc from the US .
Well I found one on Kijiji.ca , from a good guy , drone pilot by the name of DALE .
His email is [email protected] .

The vest is good quality, nice printing on the back and plenty pockets for your batteries , lunch , sunglasses etc .
The price is $55cdn plus shipping.
I believe he also has other less expensive vests .

The printing on the back is

TRANSPORT CANADA
CERTIFIED
DRONE. PILOT
PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB.

I’m very pleased with mine , there has been many people on the forum who have recommended the use of these vests to allow flying without annoying people bothering you when you’re flying .View attachment 110974View attachment 110974View attachment 110975

I am not Canadian. But I am a subscriber to CAPTAIN DRONE. Does that count ? [emoji41]

I’m still good. Never experience people interfere while flying my MM. let’s hope this hivest will mot attract people. Enjoy flying

I have one and wear it all the time. When I'm on the side of the road for a job people take more care when they pass by.

Reactions: Lionfish
I don't mind people "bothering" me. I rather like showing off my drone and explaining it's technological capabilities while reassuring them that I would literally have to fly in their face to spy on them. I've gotten selfies with people from Mexico, US and, of course, Canada. Maybe if I was actually working, it might be a different story. Otherwise, happy to enlighten the uninformed and curious. Maybe even get a few hooked.

I am not Canadian. But I am a subscriber to CAPTAIN DRONE. Does that count ? [emoji41]
By all the power vested to me by the Great White North, I hereby annoit you "Honourary Citizen of Canada". You must now spell "center" "centre" pronounce "Z" Zed, and return our Stanley Cup. Welcome to Canada!

Last edited:
I think it’s a great idea! It may stop some people who would normally bug you from interrupting your flight.

I have one, a standard orange one, no text. I have one because it was highly recommended by my advanced certification examiner. To date, (which is recent, only 7 missions so far), I've only been in populated areas 4 times and distinctly heard nearby onlookers say "don't bother him, he's working" once. Dunno if that applies to your situation but that's my 2 cents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent