DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To label or not to label

FireballXL5

Reactions
My Mini just arrived. Before I take it out and fly it I'm thinking I should put my name and phone number on it. What are the pros and cons of doing this? I'm thinking there are more pros than cons, but I would like more experienced pilots opinions. Thanks...

Also, I know that with the weight of the Mini I don't have to register it. With that being said, are you registering your Mini?

I believe the whole idea behind what DJI has done is create a flying camera that meets the goal of non registration and capture an entirely new crowd of owners that it didn’t have prior to it’s release.

Reactions: FireballXL5
My Mini just arrived. Before I take it out and fly it I'm thinking I should put my name and phone number on it. What are the pros and cons of doing this? I'm thinking there are more pros than cons, but I would like more experienced pilots opinions. Thanks...

Also, I know that with the weight of the Mini I don't have to register it. With that being said, are you registering your Mini?
In Canada. I registered mine.

I registered mine. I don't see any reason not to.

I've labeled mine with name phone and e-mail. In case of loss/crash/flyaway I want to make sure that I stand a chance. Each with his choice.

Last edited:
I have Phone Number and a $100 sticker on one side of my M2Z. The other side has the Registration Number. I used a Dymo Lable Maker with clear tape. Looks nice and clean and hasn't shown any signs of peeling off. Yet :)

Back in the day, my AMA number was on the wing, and contact info inside cockpit...no, haven't registered MM.

Not registered yet but still labeled w/ email and intl mobile phone number.

I want my drone to be REPORTED! ;)

Attachments

• 15796918944640.jpg
    15796918944640.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 95
In Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden (te countries I fly in), you are required to have a fireproof label with name, adres and phone number of the owner on the drone. Not, as some peoiple think, your drone can be returned in case of a crash, but simply to see who to make liable for the damage after the crash.
I had this checked twice in Sweden (police stopped, waited till I got the drone back then asked some questions. Very polite but well informed.)

labelled mine right away.

Why would you not give someone the chance to return it if it gets lost?

no brainer

I have a read me file on the SD card that basically has all my contact details on it.

I used to add labels to my batteries with my phone number etc. I haven't done so on the mini yet though. They are hard to remove and when I sold my old drone was hard to get off.

Last edited:
I have a read me file on the SD card that basically has all my contact details on it.

I used to add labels to my batteries with my phone number etc. I haven't done so on the mini yet though. They are hard to remove and when I sold my old drone was hard to get off.

nn666, I like this idea. Thanks....

Unless you're planning on doing something a bit dodgy I can't see a downside to labelling your drone.
The downside is it turn creates the ability for something to be held against you. For example, let's say someone steals your drone and then flies it around an airport. You will then need to spend a lot of time and effort to show it was not you. Just one example.

I also put my contact info in a file on my SD cards... but also external on the drone. Don’t feel I can rely on it being found by someone who knows how to get the card out... or even that it has one.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
The downside is it turn creates the ability for something to be held against you. For example, let's say someone steals your drone and then flies it around an airport. You will then need to spend a lot of time and effort to show it was not you. Just one example.

That's so edge case it's bordering on tinfoil hattery.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun