DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

to plan or not to plan

PoonDog

Reactions
So, you spend some time planing and getting ready to go out and spend a couple days out and about with the intention of getting some good pictures/videos. gas up the Jeep, charge your batteries , load up all the things you may or may not need. THEN you check the weather and find out that you are in for steady rain for the next two weeks.. Maybe you (I) should have checked the weather first. Off to the liquor store.

So, you spend some time planing and getting ready to go out and spend a couple days out and about with the intention of getting some good pictures/videos. gas up the Jeep, charge your batteries , load up all the things you may or may not need. THEN you check the weather and find out that you are in for steady rain for the next two weeks.. Maybe you (I) should have checked the weather first. Off to the liquor store.
KNOW THE FEELING its even worse in the UK

Reactions: BigAl07

Argg, you know it. I've been having similar attempted adventures, but the issue was not rain, but wind. Other enemy :)

In the UK weather has been awful and promised to continue so. Essentially writing off all of this week where I live. In fact - not at all. Supposed to be constant rain and high wind nearly all this week. Got a cloudy dry morning yesterday and a lovely warm sunny calm afternoon. Today early morning rain drying out by 11 am and then sun for rest of the day. Beautiful against all odds.

I have been using Accuweather free version which has proved amazingly accurate for me in NW UK. Thoroughly recommend. Predicting almost to the minute. Said today would have some sun from 11am onwards - at 11.01am it arrived and stayed pretty much like that all day with a few very brief interludes. prediction for tomorrow on BBC weather - rain and winds again. We shall see!

Though I enjoy flying the drone I would gladly trade places with you. We're experiencing the worst drought in decades and really need two weeks of steady rain.

Though I enjoy flying the drone I would gladly trade places with you. We're experiencing the worst drought in decades and really need two weeks of steady rain.
@crystal-pete sorry to hear that you can have some of my rain anytime you want a swap wish i could send you some

Reactions: deleted member 877
This is similar to my thoughts with the absurdity of National Parks and Wildlife Service in NSW (Australia). They want flyers to apply for permission with a minimum of 10 days notice, then wait for their permission.

So say you do that, then 10+ days passes and on the day you want to go fly in-climate conditions restrict you from flying?

You've done nothing but waste their time and resources, and your own time in preparation while holding hope of being approved, then either get hit with non-approval or wake up to cats and dogs descending from the clouds above.

No wonder some of us (the ones with enough common sense to be SAFE regardless of approval/authority) are shifting mindsets to just fly and "ask for forgiveness instead of permission"...

Reactions: PoonDog
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98