Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To update or not to update

chevytwonova

Reactions
What do you think?

326580f06901248f2f8a9c910720c650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I would update as they seem to be addressing some known issues.. seems stick issues occurred with the matrice too

How would an app update correct a controller error though? I thought you could use the controller sans app, meaning the controller used standalone firmware, meaning the app shouldn't have anything to do with controller firmware. Oh well. I'll be the guinea pig. Just as long as they don't force geo on us. :mad:

It sure sucks not knowing whether your drone will decide to take a vacation on your next flight.

How would an app update correct a controller error though? I thought you could use the controller sans app, meaning the controller used standalone firmware, meaning the app shouldn't have anything to do with controller firmware. Oh well. I'll be the guinea pig. Just as long as they don't force geo on us. :mad:

It sure sucks not knowing whether your drone will decide to take a vacation on your next flight.

It's all speculation at the mo. But you do use the app to calibrate the controller so it can all be related, f/w may be imminent...

The GEO system has been baked in for months. ;)
I have 2 devices I use with my Phantoms. One is updated and one is from last April I think it was. Haven't updated my P3 in almost a year. :D

I have 2 devices I use with my Phantoms. One is updated and one is from last April I think it was. Haven't updated my P3 in almost a year. :D
Is your un-updated P3 OK with the latest app?
I haven't felt need to update anything since late 2015 but will need the new app shortly - but still don't want to be forced to update the P3.

When I say shortly that should be eventually - if the Mavic ordered in September ever gets here

It's there, but there's an option to disable it and use the NFZ crap instead. It sucks, but it sucks less than geo.

Edit: you can still disable geo in favor of NFZ. Also, I can't get the graphical icon to stick when entering the controller calibration menu - I used to be able to get it to stick. Percentages always read correctly and center as they should. Still have a clicking noise when yawing right unfortunately.

Last edited:
Is your un-updated P3 OK with the latest app?
I haven't felt need to update anything since late 2015 but will need the new app shortly - but still don't want to be forced to update the P3.

When I say shortly that should be eventually - if the Mavic ordered in September ever gets here
to be fair I only flew once with the 3.0.0 as it is on my 6+ and I will use that with the Mavic. I have either 2.8.1 or 2.8.3 on my iPad Mini.

ive experienced the collision sensors stopping the bird mid flight while i turn in towards the sun, ive read others too have had this.
Unerving as I thought I was about to collide with something but nothing there and was at 120m high
I suppose thyell be an update to fix this, have got a bit tired of all the apple flaws and updates with mail safari etc why not just leave it alone best sometimes,!
go app 4 not out long and then a massive update that took 40 minutes, sigh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54