DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To what extent does Litchi need DJI Fly App

Timewavezero

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am deciding whether or not I want to buy Lichi because just in the last week I've missed out on great opportunities and one paid gig because although DJI Fly App was working fine for weeks on my Galaxy S22+ it suddenly stopped opening. And I'd like to have Lichi for back up or as my main app.

I was reading up on Lichi and saw one of their responses to a person who was having an issue is to go into the DJI App and change those settings there and then return to Litchi because Litchi has to tap into DJI Fly's API. So this is raising a concern for me because I was under the impression that if I have Litchi I wouldn't need DJI Fly.

Also, what about updating the firmware on the drone and controller? Can I even do that without DJI Fly App? Not sure how long this is gonna take.

Hi everyone,

I am deciding whether or not I want to buy Lichi because just in the last week I've missed out on great opportunities and one paid gig because although DJI Fly App was working fine for weeks on my Galaxy S22+ it suddenly stopped opening. And I'd like to have Lichi for back up or as my main app.

I was reading up on Lichi and saw one of their responses to a person who was having an issue is to go into the DJI App and change those settings there and then return to Litchi because Litchi has to tap into DJI Fly's API. So this is raising a concern for me because I was under the impression that if I have Litchi I wouldn't need DJI Fly.

Also, what about updating the firmware on the drone and controller? Can I even do that without DJI Fly App? Not sure how long this is gonna take.
Litchi should not be considered as a replacement for DJI Go / Go4 / Fly. Instead, think of it as an application that can extend the capabilities of your drone beyond what can be done with DJI's app.

DJI Fly does not use the SDK. It communicates directly with the drone. Litchi is built upon DJI's SDK. As a result, Litchi is limited to what DJI provides in their SDK. A person in the Litchi forum compiled a list of functions not currently supported in Litchi (that must be performed using DJI's app):

Reactions: db4476
I always start my flight with the native app - Go4 or Fly to insure that nothing is out of calibration. Once I am confident of that I close the native app and then open Litchi. I could never fly a mission as smoothly as Litchi and can hardly wait for it to become available for the Mavic 3. The ability to preview a mission in Google Earth Pro is so helpful especially when flying low in hilly north rugged terrain. It is worth every dollar that they charge.

Reactions: DougMcC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo