DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Today I ordered...

Raptorman

Reactions
So I didn't order last month and decided to wait until after the first batch were out and now that they are I finally ordered a "fly more" package today. No word on shipping of course, but I'd guess it will be about 2 weeks, maybe 3.

In addition,

In another thread I'd mentioned that I'd been hoping to pickup the Panasonic GH5 when it came out and had been expecting it for nearly a year. But, it's now obvious that the GH5 won't be released for at least 6 more months and it could be 9 months or even longer so I could no longer wait. So, in addition to the Fly More Mavic Pro I also ordered a Panasonic G85 which became available today. Of course when I say available I mean probably in 2-3 weeks for me to actually get it given the fact that they are not in stock.

I suppose it is possible my Mavic Pro could take much longer than 2-3 weeks, but I figure the number of folks preordering is maybe 5%-10% of the actual number that will be sold and that the bulk of the purchases will happen AFTER the first group are in people hands and there friends and neighbors get a look at it. I figure I'll be right at the 10% point so less than a month should be reasonable.

Now, while I'd like to have the Mavic now I do have the option to cancel if there's a serious problem that we only discover once it hit the street -- I don't anticipate this but if it happens I should have time to cancel if there is a problem.

Brian

Sounds like a good move! Having the option to cancel with no penalty is nice. I in for a few weeks wait for my Fly More package as well cause I dont want to jump ship with the local DJI Authorized dealer and end up paying Best Buy an additional 80 bucks in taxes. Its just not worth 80 dollars more to get the Mavic in hand 14 or 15 days earlier.

So I didn't order last month and decided to wait until after the first batch were out and now that they are I finally ordered a "fly more" package today. No word on shipping of course, but I'd guess it will be about 2 weeks, maybe 3.

In addition,

In another thread I'd mentioned that I'd been hoping to pickup the Panasonic GH5 when it came out and had been expecting it for nearly a year. But, it's now obvious that the GH5 won't be released for at least 6 more months and it could be 9 months or even longer so I could no longer wait. So, in addition to the Fly More Mavic Pro I also ordered a Panasonic G85 which became available today. Of course when I say available I mean probably in 2-3 weeks for me to actually get it given the fact that they are not in stock.

I suppose it is possible my Mavic Pro could take much longer than 2-3 weeks, but I figure the number of folks preordering is maybe 5%-10% of the actual number that will be sold and that the bulk of the purchases will happen AFTER the first group are in people hands and there friends and neighbors get a look at it. I figure I'll be right at the 10% point so less than a month should be reasonable.

Now, while I'd like to have the Mavic now I do have the option to cancel if there's a serious problem that we only discover once it hit the street -- I don't anticipate this but if it happens I should have time to cancel if there is a problem.

Brian

You should receiver it most likely in jan 2017 :(

You should receiver it most likely in jan 2017 :(

Oh I doubt that. Again, I think only about 5% to at most 10% of the people that wind up buying a Mavic Pro will have pre-ordered it and since I expect about 80% of the total sales will happen within the first 6-8 months then it stands to reason that DJI should be able to complete the first 10% within, perhaps, 3 weeks. So, if I put myself about the 10% point then that puts me about 3 weeks.

We shall see! At worst case I think no latter than the first week of December. I'll post this now with my best guess if date of receipt as 11/18 and earlier rather than later. I expect to receive my camera a few days earlier...

Brian

Yeah, I haven't even ordered yet. Waiting until they are in stores. With the weather getting cold, I'm not worried about when I get mine. If I can get one mid November in a store, that would be great. But if I have to wait until December, I'm cool with that as well. Do I want one yesterday, hell yeah, but I have patience. Really want the Mavic as my main drone, but also my travel drone. I'm not traveling until April, so I have plenty of time to get it and use it, especially when the weather will be ideal. Overall, I'm dying to get one, but also patient enough to get it when it's readily available in stores.

Reactions: Pommo70
Yeah, I haven't even ordered yet. Waiting until they are in stores. With the weather getting cold, I'm not worried about when I get mine. If I can get one mid November in a store, that would be great. But if I have to wait until December, I'm cool with that as well. Do I want one yesterday, hell yeah, but I have patience. Really want the Mavic as my main drone, but also my travel drone. I'm not traveling until April, so I have plenty of time to get it and use it, especially when the weather will be ideal. Overall, I'm dying to get one, but also patient enough to get it when it's readily available in stores.

Patience is a virtue my good man!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000