DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Today's 360 Panorama - Spring is finally here!

RKX

Reactions
Took this tonight. Put together with PTGUI and sharpened and adjusted in Photoshop. Taken at 150 feet altitude. Just a nice panorama from my house.

April-20-18 - Spring is finally here

Nice! I was trying to find you on the ground but couldn't.

took a minute to find myself ;) But I am there. I blend well LOL

Reactions: sancap
I'm wearing a hat

LOL fine...

And standing beside a car, hiding in the shadows, and my feet look like little snow drifts ;)

Reactions: sancap
Please please right settings for PTGUI to put together panorama photos from MavickAir ?

Aside from the file format and compression settings (which I put as jpg and no compression at all (I like to zoom in as far as I can) I'm all defaults.

How are you currently using ptgui?

I'll break down how I use it.

1: transfer the panorama folder from the mavic to my desktop
2: open ptgui
3: on the first screen hit load images, let them load up in the image bar
Use EXIF data is checked
4: hit the align imaged button, what for the process to complete and optimize
5: close the panorama editor window that comes up (I never use it)
6: click create panorama

on the create panorama page
filesize: 19240x9620
link width and height is checked
Quality: 95% or 100%
Format: jpg
layers: Blended panorama only

7: click create panorama and wait.

Optional

8: load the created panorama into photoshop
9: edit colour brightness and sharpness (this will take a while to process each step with this filesize)
10: save at MAX setting for jpg (makes a 100mb file)
If that's all you need make sure you open the file with PTGUI viewer (in windows right click and open with or send to PTGUI viewer)

If uploading to an online service

11: resize the image to 10000x5000 and add your compression here (My files for uploading are about 15mb)

That's it. Unless the mavic air does something really different with the files than the Mavic pro this should be all you need.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Kvark and Bradwheat
Looks about the same, Is it the blurry section that is your concern? For your Air the lens settings it chooses looks wrong to me. I am pretty sure the lens is different on the Air than the pro but that focal length looks off to me, give these settings a shot.

Try unchecking the Auto EXIF and use the following

Lense type: rectilinear normal lens
Focal length 4.7
Focal length multiplier: 5.532

When you are in the control points tab don't change any of the defaults it gives and give that a shot.

Looks about the same, Is it the blurry section that is your concern? For your Air the lens settings it chooses looks wrong to me. I am pretty sure the lens is different on the Air than the pro but that focal length looks off to me, give these settings a shot.

Try unchecking the Auto EXIF and use the following

Lense type: rectilinear normal lens
Focal length 4.7
Focal length multiplier: 5.532

When you are in the control points tab don't change any of the defaults it gives and give that a shot.

The blurry spot is pictures that could not be placed due to lack of control points. The blurry spot pics can be removed since it doesn't look like the image is missing any images. I will try to create a tutorial for this issue.

THis is step by step but with another panorama image. This is just a standard panorama photo from the mavick air so why it is so difficult. The results are terrible

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.20.46.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.20.46.png
    913.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.16.13.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.16.13.png
    857.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.15.48.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.15.48.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.15.33.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.15.33.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.13.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.13.43.png
    901.1 KB · Views: 19
THis is step by step but with another panorama image. This is just a standard panorama photo from the mavick air so why it is so difficult. The results are terrible

You got a warning of missing control points for this pano, and it put that missing bottom triangle into the top of the image probably because of it. I am thinking if that pano was missing control points that there was either something going on in that series of the photos that caused ptgui to not be able to automatically stitch it together, or the air had something interfere with it during the process in that area of photos (a bird fly by maybe? )

Are you having this problem with all your Panorama's or just this one? If it's all pf them then I would think it's a mavic air issue; either the air itself, or PTGUI itself in how it deals with the air's photo's. If it's all your pano's try another app as @sancap mentioned see if that corrects it first. If it's just this one pano that's not working properly odds are something in that set of frames was too different from the rest for the auto alignment to stitch.

Hope that helps

There were some wind I think. Unfortunately I lost the previous images I forgot to save the folder

I am sorry to say that, completely does not work, I do not know what is going on, I did especially today photos with no big wind and default options. I am confused what is wrong there! This is useless

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.21.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.21.15.png
    313.8 KB · Views: 9
The PTGui is able to do something. I do not know why Panorama does not.
And now step by step what, there are holes in the picture:) How to do the sky??? What shall I do next? Why so difficult?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.41.20.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 23.41.20.png
    892.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Can you give me some more help in stitching those images? What should I do- standard panorama made by the Mavick Air - why it does not work properly ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike