DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too many updates!

jazar

Reactions
Yesterday, I waited until late afternoon to fly my MavicPro and photograph the fall leaves and color. It was about 45 minutes before sunset. Everything was in in place, batteries charged, controller charged, gimble lock off..., power everything up. Uh oh... update required message. OK, will update. By the time the update downloaded and applied, it was too dark to fly. This kind of thing has happened on multiple occasions. Maybe I should skip the updates, but I never know if something was fixed that needs to be fixed. I would prefer some kind of quarterly scheduled updates, lets say the first Monday of each quarter.. And, urgent fixes that involve safety or crashes when ever needed. (not just more geo zone stuff). btw: using the Go4 app.

You don't have to update. just because it says there's one available..... Go fly and do it later only if you want to....

Reactions: newguy
My experience has been that an update screws up more than it fixes. OK, it only happened twice but twice burned is enough. I fly my Tab A in airplane mode so it can't even check to see if an update is available. Occasionally, I have forgotten to put it in airplane mode when I start Go 4 but I have been able to ignore any update notices that do slip through.

Don't update unless you need to ....

Why does everyone complain about the updates before "the magical flight" I have never been "forced" to update before a flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser