DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too old to Fall

Rchawks

Reactions
Go figure the weather's been perfect all day for flying the mini. Five mph at 200 ft, couldn't wait to get home to run down three batteries. Headed out walking up the hill in back where's there's a stone wall the prefab kind, a fold up lawn chair in one hand and a lunchcase over my shoulder for the MM. Stepped up on the top block and it gave way sending me and the chair and case with ipad falling backwards and landed hard on my hip. One of the those oh no moments when you wonder just how bad you're hurt, I guess I know in a couple of hrs if I can go to work tomorrow, as far as I can tell nothing's broken. Thieves have been stealing the blocks one at a time and that's how it toppled off. I'm lucky it didn't fall on top of me it's a very large block. The cable I use for the Ipad is bent at a 90 deg angle where it connects to the ipad. Other than that no other damage (hopefully). No point of the thread other than to vent about block thieves. There, I feel better now, must be the ibuprofen kicking in.

• Wow
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Go figure the weather's been perfect all day for flying the mini. Five mph at 200 ft, couldn't wait to get home to run down three batteries. Headed out walking up the hill in back where's there's a stone wall the prefab kind, a fold up lawn chair in one hand and a lunchcase over my shoulder for the MM. Stepped up on the top block and it gave way sending me and the chair and case with ipad falling backwards and landed hard on my hip. One of the those oh no moments when you wonder just how bad you're hurt, I guess I know in a couple of hrs if I can go to work tomorrow, as far as I can tell nothing's broken. Thieves have been stealing the blocks one at a time and that's how it toppled off. I'm lucky it didn't fall on top of me it's a very large block. The cable I use for the Ipad is bent at a 90 deg angle where it connects to the ipad. Other than that no other damage (hopefully). No point of the thread other than to vent about block thieves. There, I feel better now, must be the ibuprofen kicking in.

Hey..... sorry to hear about your fall.

Sure you don't need to call the doctor?

Really hope you are feeling better in the morning.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Ouch! I pray you don't feel that in the morning . . . take care of yourself pilot. You are not the only person that depends on you.

Thank you, I can walk without limping and using a ice pack. If I try to raise my leg I can really tell I've fallen. I'm sure in a few days I have some deep bruising With everything's that's been going on the doctor the last place I want to go right now.

Backflips at your advanced years aren’t recommended you know ...

Seriously hope all ok .... has your pride recovered too?

First thing my wife and friends said was you never fall. I very spry and always (almost) land on my feet. I'm sore this morning but able to go to work. My job requires constant movement for 10 hrs, so I'll need to pace myself. The workouts will definitely have to wait a while. It could have been much worse.

@Rchawks hope you are ok fella,it kind of knocks the wind out of your sails ,a sudden fall like that hope your ipad is not damaged take it easy and stay safe yours OMM

Reactions: Rchawks
Hopefully you're ok although it can still be very painful landing on your hip, I crashed my road bike last year and landed hard on my hip which was very painful and I was 50/50 on whether to get it checked out although my Dad had broken his hip recently and was in much more difficulty than I was. It was very stiff for a while but thankfully it's fine now and I hope you're the same.

Reactions: old man mavic
I’m holding up okay I can walk without a limp, but trying to bend down to pick anything up is in triple slow motion, seems to be just a deep bruise. I have a friend who crashed racing a dirt bike and after seeing what he had to go thru I feel for ya. At this point in life I also know a few people who have broken their hips and it took a while to heal but they did eventually. Happy to hear you both recovered . Thank you to everyone for your concern it’s appreciated ?

Reactions: old man mavic
I look back now and just think how lucky I was since it was entirely my fault I crashed and because it was very fast I landed on my hip and elbow which took the impact better than my shoulder or wrist would have so I didn't break anything.

Although hip replacements are a common surgery, breaking a hip can still be devastating as was the case with my Dad who never recovered from it.

That sounds promising you can walk without a limp though and fingers crossed it improves quickly.

I look back now and just think how lucky I was since it was entirely my fault I crashed and because it was very fast I landed on my hip and elbow which took the impact better than my shoulder or wrist would have so I didn't break anything.

Although hip replacements are a common surgery, breaking a hip can still be devastating as was the case with my Dad who never recovered from it.

That sounds promising you can walk without a limp though and fingers crossed it improves quickly.
sorry to hear about your Dad, my mother broke her hip when she fell at home and unfortunately she never recovered from it and passed away several weeks later in hospital it is very serious for older people as bones dont heal the same as when you are younger

Reactions: Johnmcl7
sorry to hear about your Dad, my mother broke her hip when she fell at home and unfortunately she never recovered from it and passed away several weeks later in hospital it is very serious for older people as bones dont heal the same as when you are younger

That must have been a terrible shock for you, my Dad had initially done well with the replacement hip fitted but kept struggling with infections which he couldn't fight off. He had very long stays in hospital which could be awkward as he didn't have much he could do in hospital but the one thing he always liked to see were videos from the drone particularly being able to see landscapes he knew but from the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S