DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took these Air 2 "8k" Hyperlapses Of More Clouds and Houses Testing Stuff Out

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I use "8k" because I question if you really see anything much better in 8k via a shared site like youtube or Imgur upload.

They look very nice on my 144hz monitor, but im trying to figure out if these really are better than just shooting 4k to be honest especially with 8k only allowing you to take pictures ever 6 seconds vs the 2 seconds for 4k hyper lapse. I mean, i have to share this stuff for other people to look at it lol.

Your thoughts?

Clouds 8k Hyperlapse stationary pan left from right via way points.

Clouds 8k Hyper lapse Direction Locked Forward

Clouds & Ground 8k Hyperlapse Using Way points to move in a Arc from Right To left

Houses and Ground 8k Hyperlapse Using Way points to move in a Arc from Left to Right

(I posted this originally in the Vid/Pic section but as its more of a discussion im posting here, the other one was waiting for mod review so I dont know if messed up or it just dint like that i changed the original title).

Nice subject matter but everything moves to fast for me. I would stick with 4k, I'm not seeing anything in the picture quality that makes it worth it.

Nice subject matter but everything moves to fast for me. I would stick with 4k, I'm not seeing anything in the picture quality that makes it worth it.

Yah, I need to play with slowing it down but that may make it choppy...

Yah, I need to play with slowing it down but that may make it choppy...

Yeah, I don't think it's your ability. I think it's just technology. I think even on a super calm day there is still going be chop

You’re right in that a shutter interval of 6 seconds isn’t very practical, unless whatever you are filming is moving VERY slowly. I guess clouds or sun/moon would work.

From what I understand, the intention with 8K footage is that you can then, ‘crop in’ into your footage whilst post processing, and still have all the detail of 4K footage.

So your final output video would still be 4K, but if you’re zooming in, you’re not loosing any detail.

Reactions: cgmaxed
For evaluation, it would help to have the same scene in 4k vs. 8k. Subtle things like the cloud shadows might show a difference compared to 1080 or 4k.

I use "8k" because I question if you really see anything much better in 8k via a shared site like youtube or Imgur upload.

They look very nice on my 144hz monitor, but im trying to figure out if these really are better than just shooting 4k to be honest especially with 8k only allowing you to take pictures ever 6 seconds vs the 2 seconds for 4k hyper lapse. I mean, i have to share this stuff for other people to look at it lol.

Your thoughts?

Clouds 8k Hyperlapse stationary pan left from right via way points.

Clouds 8k Hyper lapse Direction Locked Forward

Clouds & Ground 8k Hyperlapse Using Way points to move in a Arc from Right To left

Houses and Ground 8k Hyperlapse Using Way points to move in a Arc from Left to Right

(I posted this originally in the Vid/Pic section but as its more of a discussion im posting here, the other one was waiting for mod review so I dont know if messed up or it just dint like that i changed the original title).
Wait, I'm confused. "8K" hyperlapses? What am I missing? Did I miss a firmware upgrade?

EDIT - IS THAT ONLY THE MAVIC AIR 2?

Last edited:
Wow, this was a old past was so confused of when I said that lol Not sure if the Air2s has it or not.. it has a better camera so I would imagine it has a better one somehow.

One of the problems is when I open the videos on my Computer Wide Screen the movies do not open to the full frame of the Computer screen.

Watching it on the 108 inch, I thought I might see a difference but , there is nothing different even on a freeze frame.
The only real advantage of the 8K is the ability to Zoom in while editing and not loose any quality.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll