DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Torrey Pines, La Jolla, California

macfawlty

Reactions
Fortunate for the last 3 years to have business travel to La Jolla, CA. I stayed 2 extra nights so I could fly as much as possible. I'm so focused on cinematic video that I often neglect to take photos. These pics are still frames from video clips. It's remarkable how sharp they can be even though these still frames are nearly all from moving clips.

TORREY-PINES_1.11.1.jpg

TORREY-PINES_1.22.1.jpg

TORREY-PINES_1.24.1.jpg

TORREY-PINES_1.33.1.jpg

Nice Pics.

You realize how close you are to the nude beach? We're people looking at you funny?

You realize how close you are to the nude beach? We're people looking at you funny?
I was flying directly over the Northern part of Black's Beach. There are a few nude beachgoers, depending on the weather, but I'm not typically flying low enough to see them, not that I care to. The large parking lot that runs North of the Gliderport just happens to be the best place to park and fly. It's a very popular place to hang out and watch the sunset. I'm also beyond where most of the paragliders are flying although one or two will fly further North and I'm conscious to steer clear of their path and altitude.

Besides, most nudists are the last people on earth that anyone would ever want to see naked.

Besides, most nudists are the last people on earth that anyone would ever want to see naked.

It was mostly men couples and old dudes from what I could tell. They all came up the steep winding path past my launch spot, but they had clothes on. I can sort of see the attraction to walking the beach and swimming naked, but I'd prefer no one else is around!

There appeared to be a grove of bamboo at the foot of the cliffs that was popular 'cause I noticed a lot of guys going in and out. I was shooting a long straight-down clip of the waves breaking on an empty stretch of beach (@150' elevation) when a couple nude guys entered the frame. They were having so much fun frolicking in the surf I couldn't stop filming. I could barely tell they were naked from 150' up.

Last edited:
Interesting rock texture! Nicely done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka