DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Torture rack for bended mavic mini propellers

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi all,

After v1.00.0500 firmware update it's clear DJI admit there is a design problem wiht Mavic Mini propellers.

Mavic Mini propellers are so fussy that bends easily, loosing pitch and causing loss of power, even crash.

Last firmware warns and suggest changing propellers. If you are using an old, broken propellers that's ok, but imagine your propellers are new, in excellenct conditions except for an accidental bending ?

This is my idea: Why not to build a "torture rack", a sort of form for bending propellers to it's original pitch. Letting propellers inside for a few hours /days until regain original shape. In the end, propellers are just a piece of plastic.

I would like to hear your opinions

R.

large.jpg

Last edited:
would like to hear your opinions
I'd go for stiffer props from a 3rd party vendor i.e. CF props, instead of putting additional stress on the already weakened original DJI props.

Reactions: Frank Windt
i wonder if the prop material has a memory from when it was vacuum moulded
maybe heating it up with a hair dryer would allow ti to regain it original contour

i wonder if the prop material has a memory from when it was vacuum moulded
maybe heating it up with a hair dryer would allow ti to regain it original contour

No doubt it does. Problem is, without a mold, heating the plastic will have it moving back towards it's original shape "as molded", but it won't make it all the way back without some sort of slight mechanical inducement.

I tried the hair dryer trick with the prop from I different drone and it did not turn out as planed. Turned into a bent piece of plastic that had no resemblance to a propeller.

Reactions: Frank Windt
I put some carbon fiber props on my mini and it barely flew, made lots of noise and almost crashed out of control. I took them right off, nice idea but not if they don't work.

Reactions: PanX
I tried the hair dryer trick with the prop from I different drone and it did not turn out as planed. Turned into a bent piece of plastic that had no resemblance to a propeller.
Too bad! DJI could have used a more appropriate plastic for the mini props. Maybe in engineering specifications and cut by marketing? Either way, it’s “Made in China“ ?
Now it will only be resolved by the 3rd party vendors.

No doubt it does. Problem is, without a mold, heating the plastic will have it moving back towards it's original shape "as molded", but it won't make it all the way back without some sort of slight mechanical inducement.

Love the "mechanical inducement" part. In the military, we used to say "mechanical agitation", which meant, beat the s**t out of it! :)

In the Navy (63 to 70), I was an ET (electronics tech). When all else failed, though I never witnessed it, they'd give it the "flotation test".

Nowadays, I think the Mini holds the record for such testing . . .

Reactions: Guitarzan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake