DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Totally New....

Blume TMS

Reactions
Well I did own one of those big styrofoam parrots a few years ago but by the time I figured out how to fly it I had crashed it so much that it would not fly straight ,,,,, besides that the camera resolution was so bad it was not worth flying for what I wanted or needed to use it for,

I need to use a drone in my business to inspect the tops of residential chimneys... and while recovering from some heath problems B&H photo got me with their promo for the Mavic Mini and I ordered one..... it came in and after spending a day going through the 'birthing pains' of set up with DJI's internet stuff... I took it out to see how it would do... next problem is it won't fly in my yard... too close to an airport (Blue Zone) no way to fix this..(?). until DJI comes up with a software update. (late Dec.) (I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT) I can't quite understand why they would send these out with out the ability to register and program the Unit to bypass this....

But I did take it up the street out of the (Blue Zone) and get the drone to lift off and fly and was very impressed with it... and have flown it several times since and am still just amazed at how easy and well it flies and how good the video and pictures are from the camera.

As is obvious I'm new to this drone thing... (to stop some comments... I have passed the 107 test and have applied for the commercial license)

My question is .. it seems there are some simple ways to fly in the 'restricted zones' my sole goal is to be able to fly at a low altitude.. probably a maximum of 50ft above ground level.... can y'all veterans to this help me figure out how to do this simply?

Reactions: Thomas B
If you have passed your 107 you should know not to fly in restricted areas .
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Try applying for cleanse through FAA DroneZone website. I got a 2 year clearance for my practice area which is in the edge of 2 airport restricted zones. Mine flies fine... once obtained from FAA you may have to contact DJI with the FAA approval.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I also am under the restricted airspace of an airport that is not in the LAANC program. I applied for my first flight authorization via DroneZone and received it the next day. Not only did I get authorization quickly they (FAA) extended the area authorized and the period of time of the authorization.

Your will need your Part 107 Certificate number and if you haven't already done so, your drone needs to be registered as commercial.

Good Luck

Just to ask again... what is the easiest way to fly in an 'Authorization' zone... this on DJI's map is a blue area. I'm easily confused.... by the way this will be with a Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller? One issue I have is I went to the online map of DJI's and there is no blue pin in the area I want to select. Blue pins every where else but not in this area that is a big blue circle all around the Down town airport.

This is so **** frustrating.... I spent close to 2k on this Mavic 2 Pro and can't fly it in this 'authorized zone' I've tried everything, spent well over and hour with customer service....I did get a license and it is in the controller but I can't get it to the drone.... one issue might be with their map web sight... to start the application you have to choose your drone... they list a 'Mavic 2' and a 'Mavic Pro' as some of the choices but not a 'Mavic 2 Pro'... which do I choose?

Well I did own one of those big styrofoam parrots a few years ago but by the time I figured out how to fly it I had crashed it so much that it would not fly straight ,,,,, besides that the camera resolution was so bad it was not worth flying for what I wanted or needed to use it for,

I need to use a drone in my business to inspect the tops of residential chimneys... and while recovering from some heath problems B&H photo got me with their promo for the Mavic Mini and I ordered one..... it came in and after spending a day going through the 'birthing pains' of set up with DJI's internet stuff... I took it out to see how it would do... next problem is it won't fly in my yard... too close to an airport (Blue Zone) no way to fix this..(?). until DJI comes up with a software update. (late Dec.) (I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT) I can't quite understand why they would send these out with out the ability to register and program the Unit to bypass this....

But I did take it up the street out of the (Blue Zone) and get the drone to lift off and fly and was very impressed with it... and have flown it several times since and am still just amazed at how easy and well it flies and how good the video and pictures are from the camera.

As is obvious I'm new to this drone thing... (to stop some comments... I have passed the 107 test and have applied for the commercial license)

My question is .. it seems there are some simple ways to fly in the 'restricted zones' my sole goal is to be able to fly at a low altitude.. probably a maximum of 50ft above ground level.... can y'all veterans to this help me figure out how to do this simply?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost