DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

touching to focus not needed?

RallySoob

Reactions
Ive never had to touch to focus yet... all my vids are in focus automatically and at all times.

I have not updated my firmware yet, nor ever have. Is this why? Also i have not done any calibrations/upgrades period. I record 4k/30fps and all modes/settings to none or default

Wondering if its possible that was fixed with the latest batches manufactured since early on people complained their vids were not good unless they constantly tapping to focus. Anyone have an idea?

Curios what people are experiencing what I am... not needing to tap or use center focus button

...watching my recorded vids on the 4k big screen is mind blowing. Im so beyond impressed with the image quality and detail you can see that i would never imagine possible before. Definately no focus issues at any point just exposure movement when sun is in center screen.

This thing blows my mind every time i fly it ; tomorrow its oregon duck stadium shots from aways out cuz of the faa guidelines ofcourse.

Last edited:
Note: i did notice my far far right bottom corner of screen is out of focus. Most people would never see it and im not a pro videographer so its fine for now I guess but i need to research that issue i believe

Reactions: treytexag
It's an autofocus, mavic has one I think.

You can still touch the screen to make cool effects with blurr

Last edited:
Magic? Then why all the fuss about having to tap focus all the time or your shot will come out blurry etc etc. i read that over and over. My first flight i was tapping constantly and ruined all my shots. Had moments of blur while adjusting focus each tap. So i stopped. And its golden...

I understand using tap to focus as its meant to be used . Im referring to the supposed defect mavics were said to have where the videos came out a unfocused mess if you were not always tapping/re-focusing as scenery changed

It now seems to auto focus when you hit record, if you don't start recording until in the air you will probably be fine.
If you start recording on the ground it might lock onto something a couple of feet away then it will be way out until you stop and restart recording - or tap to set it.
It's worse if you are somewhere between as you probably won't notice on a small screen - so it's still wise to tap on something with good edge contrast at least 50 feet away.

This was a problem with the original firmware. The auto-focus can be a nuisance for some situations but 99% of people want automatic focus, so they fixed the problem.

Like i said its not an fpv issue, im talking about watching my vids on my 4k tv and at no point is anything out of focus. I love this thing.

I learned the dji go4 app cloud will allow u to work in 4k on ur iphone thats real nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone