DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Town and Country Mall Lake and Fountains

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am enamored by the lakes and fountains around our Miami community. This short film (02:51) features the lake and fountains of the Town and Country Mall in south Miami. Like all such areas, it has been greatly affected by the virus, with many stores and restaurants closed. The fountains are still working !

This was filmed using the DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone using the intelligent flight mode, "Waypoints-2" which allows the drone's flight to be pre-programed. I set a course to follow the circumference of the lake and set the point of interest as the center of the lake and the fountains. Eight (8) such way points were followed by the drone using its pre-programmed GPS coordinates.

Please be sure to use full screen.

Last edited:
Dale, you continue to amaze me with your videos. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your kinds words. I am humbled.

I am working on a 2nd episode- a lake by our local hospital center. It was too long to attach to this video so I decided to break it up into two videos. I need some more material (planning a timelapse of puffy clouds) when the weather clears here.

The best thing about Waypoints-2 is that it allows me to plan the flight at my desk at home and save it for when I do the flight. Waypoints 1 was so confusing it scared the heck out of me to try it.

Love the music, Thanks Doctor.
Music selection takes me a long time. I consider it a very important part of the video presentation. It really sets to mood, tempo, and feeling of the film. When you think of the great epic Hollywood film movie tracks, (Out of Africa, Sophie's Choice, Star Wars, etc.) it was the music that really make that film wonderful. Of course I had nothing to do with the production of the music, if you would like to comment on the video, that would be nice.

One of my goals is to keep my films less than 3:00 minutes. It's a balancing act! If I run the clip at 100% (normal time) it will double the time for the video from 2+ minutes to 4+ minutes. I tried to make it shorter by increasing the speed. I could have made it +150 instead of +100. Bottom line was that I was aiming for a shorter film that would still be realistic.

Fantastic place!!! Reminds me Disney worlds! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder