DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trackimo vs. Insurance?

Huskerfan

Reactions
I understand you can purchase insurance from State Farm for $60/year.
The 3G version of Trackimo is $199 plus $5 per month.

So, if I get a fly away I'm wondering if it just wouldn't be wiser to purchase the insurance and then you're also covered for damage?

I fly with a Trackimo, Refresh and State Farm.

Trackimo is my first line of defense, and works really well. The only problem is locating your drone if you have lost video feed because Trackimo only updates every minute, and you could have flown 1/2 mile by the next time it updates. Once the drone has landed or crashed, it should give you a fix of its position if it hasnt separated from the drone.

Refresh is good if I crash and my drone is recoverable. The only problem is the current replacement times of around 3 weeks to a month since I live on the east coast plus the $79 deductible..

Finally, State Farm is good for a flyaway or total loss. They will write me a check and I can go get a new one.

If I had to go with only 2 of the above, it would be Trackimo and State Farm.

P.S. If you pay $199 for the trackimo, first year is free, not $5 per month.

I fly with a Trackimo, Refresh and State Farm.

Trackimo is my first line of defense, and works really well. The only problem is locating your drone if you have lost video feed because Trackimo only updates every minute, and you could have flown 1/2 mile by the next time it updates. Once the drone has landed or crashed, it should give you a fix of its position if it hasnt separated from the drone.

Refresh is good if I crash and my drone is recoverable. The only problem is the current replacement times of around 3 weeks to a month since I live on the east coast plus the $79 deductible..

Finally, State Farm is good for a flyaway or total loss. They will write me a check and I can go get a new one.

If I had to go with only 2 of the above, it would be Trackimo and State Farm.
I get what you're puttin down. I guess I was just concerned about a fly away. if it crashes, I'd self insure and pay for it myself or buy a used one off fleebay

Reactions: cmoney1976
Keep also in mind your state Farm would probably also cover damage caused by drone in a flyaway. So if it crashes into a parked vehicle or damages any property during its malfunction or crash.

Reactions: Huskerfan
I decided not to get refresh and I am just getting State Farm. They write you a check and you get a new drone instead of paying 100 plus 79 for first mess up and the 129 for a sec mess up and on top of it you get a refurbished unit. No thanks write me a check I will just buy a new one.

Just remember that when you have this so called check Issued to replace drone you also putting a claim in your insurance and they can eventually drop you. Not only that I'm sure this will affect car insurance also I assume. After all your filing a claim.

Just remember that when you have this so called check Issued to replace drone you also putting a claim in your insurance and they can eventually drop you. Not only that I'm sure this will affect car insurance also I assume. After all your filing a claim.

This has been discussed before, but State Farm issues standalone drone policies, so if you dont have any other policies with them, no chance of them raising the rate on other policies.

I agree that if you put in too many claims, it might have adverse affects on your policy, but not sure they would drop you. If you have a car policy and have too many claims, they just raise your rates. You do have to be sensible and not file too many claims. Thats why I have Refresh as a backup. Use it twice, throw it away, and keep State Farm as a backup.

Reactions: Mjonesy758
I have trackimo 3G for $165 on Amazon. And State Farm. And I'm happy.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The insurance you need is really for coverage to the other party, such as property damage or injury.
One should never fly without that.
Does the $60.00 Sfate farm do that or is it just covering damage to the drone?

The State Farm is just for the drone .

Ouch.
Cover all your equipment or just mavic.

Does the Marco Polo fit the Mavic?
Yes. It's about half the size of the Trackimo tracker.

Marco-Polo-vs-Trackimo.png

Can I also get an additional transmitter for my Inspire or can I remove it depending on which bird I fly?
You can purchase up to two additional transceivers. Or just switch the transceiver that comes with it when you fly different drones.

Yes. It's about half the size of the Trackimo tracker.

View attachment 9816

You can purchase up to two additional transceivers. Or just switch the transceiver that comes with it when you fly different drones.
Ok thanks. For some reason, I thought the Trackino was much smaller.
People are saying they are having trouble finding a spot on the Mavic to place the Marco.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S