Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tracking wont turn on? M3P

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hi All,
Having an issue that the Active Tracking wont allow me to turn the autoselect slider to on, tried it in several modes and nothing, just can't seem to get it to toggle on, is this an issue that is known, or is it somethign disabled in the UK? Was hoping to use it to make panning shots easier, but having to do them manually atm, and I still need lots more practice to get it fully smooth...

I'm afraid I don't understand your problem. Do you mean that when drawing a rectangle on the screen (which selects the object), it doesn't select the object ? There's been an update of the fly app yesterday, maybe that's going to fix the issue ?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
I'm afraid I don't understand your problem. Do you mean that when drawing a rectangle on the screen (which selects the object), it doesn't select the object ? There's been an update of the fly app yesterday, maybe that's going to fix the issue ?
In the settings it wont allow me to turn it on, and when trying to draw a square on screen nothing happens except in Master Shots...

OK, worth checking first.

Talk us through what you're doing.

Are you dragging a box around the object with your finger? It doesn't need more than that to setup.

Similar problem here from an absolute newbie.

Shooting 4K 30, I draw box around subject (or click the “plus” button) and it is selected. But I see none of the icons at bottom centre to choose spotlight, trace etc. All I see are the “canned” moves like “dronie” or ”circle” or “Master shots” along the RHS, all of which work well.

How do I invoke the auto tracking modes? Thanks!

What mode are you starting in? There isn't a separate setting for it in the menu, it's part of the video mode.

Got it now, it was me that was at fault, it works and does things beautifully...

You might find this video useful. Maybe his tips are blindingly obvious to pros, but to a rank beginner like myself they were much appreciated.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
When I select the subject on the screen I dont see the three icons. I’ve tapped the screen to try and make them appear, but all I see are the vertical row of icons at screen right.

I havent clicked the upper left hand side physical “record video” button after the subject selection occurs. I’ll try that next. Thanks!

Too windy to test immediately here in remote southern Saskatchewan. I’ll have to wait until sunset.

OK, it worked. I got the three icons and got it to track me. I think I chose Master Shots first, then selected subject and the three icons appeared. At least I know it’s me and not the hardware. :)

thanks for those links!

Reactions: Red_Pyro
Getting it to work ONCE in Saskatchewan was a fluke. It quit working soon after. And therein lies the lesson.

I'm a retired cinematographer, so smooth moves are my goal. For that reason, I always fly in "C" mode. Flying in "C" mode was the cause of my difficulties invoking active track.

Active Track only works in "N" mode. Who knew? Not me, obviously.

Now that I've switched to "N" mode, Active Track works as advertised.

I may be wrong, but nowhere in the instructions do I see that caveat. :(

Last edited:
Wasn't aware of that either Lister but next time i fly i'm gonna try it too. cheers.

Getting it to work ONCE in Saskatchewan was a fluke. It quit working soon after. And therein lies the lesson.

I'm a retired cinematographer, so smooth moves are my goal. For that reason, I always fly in "C" mode. Flying in "C" mode was the cause of my difficulties invoking active track.

Active Track only works in "N" mode. Who knew? Not me, obviously.

Now that I've switched to "N" mode, Active Track works as advertised.

I may be wrong, but nowhere in the instructions do I see that caveat. :(
Ahh, that could be it.. Thanks Lister :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54